[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Have you ever had to stop reading a novel, because it appeared
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3
File: hyHhX.jpg (402 KB, 1280x1707) Image search: [Google]
hyHhX.jpg
402 KB, 1280x1707
Have you ever had to stop reading a novel, because it appeared to be beyond your intellectual capabilities? If so, which book was it and why?
>>
>>8294657
There is already a thread on this. Go to the catalog
>>
>>8294657
didn't we just have a plebbit thread with this exact subject matter?

anyways when I first started reading I thought Age of Reason was really dry and couldn't finish it. Read it twice now and can confirm that Sarte is just dry as fuck.

also Mrs. Dalloway put me to sleep the first 3 attempts. Reading it now and loving it.
>>
Pride and prejudice bored me to stop, I just think you have to be a woman to enjoy it
>>
>>8294684
I'm not, and I enjoyed it immensely
>>
File: image.jpg (191 KB, 1080x1920) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
191 KB, 1080x1920
>>8294689
Each to their own, I need to find it out again and finish it because I hate unfinished books
>>
>>8294657
>be in the middle of no-fap
>datpic
>its a trap
>boner gone

yes.
>>
File: 119322.jpg (155 KB, 302x450) Image search: [Google]
119322.jpg
155 KB, 302x450
I can't remember what age, but i read pic related when I was a very young kid (it came out when I was 5, so after that I suppose), and the words were a bit out of my range but I kept trudging through the book anyway because I felt cool for reading a long book.

The next book in the series is The Subtle Knife, and I remember I was young enough where I didn't know the word and thought it was SUB-toll not SUDdle.
>>
my diary desu
>>
>>8294846
>it's a trap

Sauce? Name?
>>
>>8294657
The Unbearable Lightness of Being

It's probably not at all difficult to understand but I was fifteen years old and super exhausted due to depression and extreme heat.
>>
>>8294931
to be fair the pacing of that book is just ungodly
>>
>>8294846
>not finding traps attractive

GAYGAYGAY
LOOK AT ANON
HE IS GAY
>>
>>8294846
>its a trap

When does it stop being a trap and it transcends definitions by the sheer quality of its looks?
>>
>>8294657
critique of pure reason.
call me a philistine but almost all of my knowledge about random philosophical theories comes from second-hand summations
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.