[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Discuss (the book not the fucking movie, let's fix past mistakes)
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (26 KB, 307x475) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
26 KB, 307x475
Discuss (the book not the fucking movie, let's fix past mistakes)
>>
I enjoyed it. I had seen the movie previously and was grateful to find literary value in the story, which the movie made rather unpalatable, obscured and bizzare.
>>
Enjoyed learning nadsat and reading the book in Malcom McDowell's voice. P.S the film's pristine wtf.
>>
He managed to make the double child rape hilarious, I think that sums the book up well
>>
>>8290758
The film is great but id rather talk about the book. It's a literature board after all
>>
Made me hate men more than I already do.

boys will be boys
>>
amazing movie. me and my buds got so high when we watched it and we decided we should be like that gang of crazy lads. fucking wicked and twisted movie
>>
>>8291204
I love being hated. I really do.

I'm a super villain.
>>
The cat scene is one of the funniest things I have yet read
>>
>>8291210
Sounds like an installment of, "When Australians Pretend to be Badasses."
>>
>>8291197
I'm trying not to fuck with the thread, but you gotta understand that people will compare the movie and the book since they're both considered at least good by the majority of the people who watched/read them. That being said, I really liked the book. Unfortunately I've read a translation before reading the original, but it was not a bad translation after all and I really could get the experience of the nadsat being relevant to the universe constructed by Burgess.
>>
File: image.jpg (53 KB, 422x437) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
53 KB, 422x437
>>8291237
>but you gotta understand that people will compare the movie and the book since they're both considered at least good by the majority of the people who watched/read them.

THATS THE FUCKING REASON WHY I MENTIONED IT WHEN STARTING THE THREAD YOU MOVIE WATCHING PIECE OF SHIT REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>8291308
It didn't work for a reason, dumbass
>>
>>8291320
reverse psychology by simpleton trolls
>>
>>8291204
>>>/tumblr/
>>
>>8290671
I read it when I was a senior in HS when me and my dad had some beef about my drug use. I was all like wah why I can't I trip balls and smoke loud all day I have a 4.0 etc. The whole maturity allegory of the book hit me really hard, and I was like hey man maybe pops has a point.

I'm still a pot smoking ball tripper, but I'm not such a douche about it, and my dad and I are doing well.

What was this thread about again?
>>
I liked the novel, but I preferred the movie ending. It didn't seem to me like Alex would turn into a sentimental guy who wants to get married and have a child in a couple of years.
>>
Didn't agree with the message but it was a fun read. I thought beforehand that the slang would be a lame gimmick but it worked really well.
>>
>>8291204
Nothing is unfathomable
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.