[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Need to write some toughts about this picture for a contest.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1
File: g0o.jpg (2 MB, 2304x1728) Image search: [Google]
g0o.jpg
2 MB, 2304x1728
Need to write some toughts about this picture for a contest.

I came up with this bulshit for now:

The heavy thunder on the shoulders
thrown by a dark and variable sky

The pallid pyre that guides my escape
setting defeated on the mountain

And then I wanted to end it with something metaphoric about picking up the sun's ashes at the end of the road.

Cringy?
>>
>>8288820
You can't write or think
>>
>>8288820
this is undoubtedly the worst shit I've ever read
>>
Good luck anon, I hate prompts like that.
>>
the motorcycle man obviously jumped off the bridge. maybe you should write about that.
>>
>>8288820
thats terrible

try far less description. attempting to describe the pic in poetic terms is what like 80% of people are going to try to do including you until you read this post now. use the pic as part of a narrative
>>
>>8288820

I read it. I don't understand it at all. Either I'm too stupid to get it, or your poem is nonsense. Can you try to explain what you actually mean with this poem
>>
>>8288878
the motorcycle man obviously took the photo, probably shouldn't write about that.
>>
>>8288900
if the motorcycle man took the photo, then it's a really bad photo and you should talk about the pretension of men who think their motorcycles are cool
>>
>>8288820

When I look at this picture, my immediate thought is: who the fuck left that bike there, and where did they go? In reality it was probably the person taking the picture.

But let's suspend our disbelief and pretend that no cameraman is present. So where did the person go? I believe that is the question that should lure you.
>>
>>8288820
Write about the sign in the middle. Describing anything else would be cliché.
>>
>>8288900
Nah. You just combine them.
>Damn. I don't want to say it, but, I think that nigga jumped.
>shieett, he won misses bike then.
>oh shit there he is
>n he juss took my pic
>>
>>8288873
Thanks

>>8288878
It was pretty shallow, just like my metaphors.

>>8288886
>use the pic as part of a narrative
Not sure how to do that and keep it short.

>>8288897
It's pretty much just descriptive, like the post before yours pointed out.

>>8288908
>>8288878
That's a really nice suggestion thank you.
I think I'll try something else other than death tough, I'm afraid it'd be too grim for the contest.

>>8288912
A story about the number five, got it.
>>
>>8288820
>a contest.

disgusting.
>>
>>8289011
> A story about the number five, got it.
Not just that. The sign: what does it mean, why's it there?

Be imaginative with the little things. Writing a piece about a clichéd 'weather scene' has been done a million times before.
>>
>>8289328
>Be imaginative with the little things. Writing a piece about a clichéd 'weather scene' has been done a million times before.
He says mere seconds after typing, >Not just that. The sign: what does it mean, why's it there?
fucking kek
>>
>>8289328
>he was actually serious
Lol
>>
Brevity, lad.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.