[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Lit, I am looking for simply the deepest, most mind fuck of an
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1
File: cgbn.png (169 KB, 567x746) Image search: [Google]
cgbn.png
169 KB, 567x746
Lit, I am looking for simply the deepest, most mind fuck of an experience of any book that I can get my hands on. I'm looking for a reading list of sorts, but if you just have one suggestion that's fine. I want to know what the deepest fucking book you've ever read is.
>>
the bible
>>
>>8284412
Fight club
>>
>>8284424
>>8284420
serious replies please.
>>
>>8284437
>implying the bible isn't deep

pleb
>>
>>8284412

Ulysses, go for it.
>>
>>8284412
Lord of flies? Marques de Sade
>>
>>8284412
Just read Hegel's phenomenology of the spirit. Can't get much more mind-fucky than that.
>>
>>8284610
>read Hegel's phenomenology of the spirit
Oh god, I can't even read the world as will and representation, hegel is supposed to be more difficult.
>>
>>8284636
If you're looking for the 'deepest, most mind fuck of an experience' and can't read Schoppy I'd recommend you start digging through less mind-fucky books to improve your reading comprehension first.
>>
>>8284412
The answer is in your image. It's gravitys rainbow. Or try steps by kosinski for a different type of mind fuck
>>
Sorry. It all depends on what you bring to the book, not what the book brings to you.
>>
>>8284412
The Hunger Games
>>
Serious reply: If you haven't read Borges, he's pretty mind-fucky/cerebral. I'm not sure what kind of reading skill you'd need to read him. He references an asston of things within each story, but ok e thing that makes him great is that you can get plenty of enjoyment out of his work without understanding everything. Start with Ficciones. Just read em all. Have fun.
>>
Doors of Perception
>>
This is probably a weak example, but anything by McCarthy. The guy seems to believe that human nature is fundamentally fucked up, and the characters in his novels often reflect that.

Maybe start with The Road or Blood Meridian. I think Blood Meridian is usually considered to be McCarthy's opus. It's definitely the most depraved.
>>
>>8284412
See if you can find die groot gedagte in English translated its called the big idea
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.