[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I like to write. I am aware that I most likely don’t do so
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 6
File: 1453135959775.jpg (186 KB, 1000x662) Image search: [Google]
1453135959775.jpg
186 KB, 1000x662
I like to write. I am aware that I most likely don’t do so very well, but from time to time I like to write down whatever little story comes to my mind while I go about. I never really write much though. Sometimes I get these spurs where I write maybe five to six pages over the course of a couple days, but when I then later look back at what I have written I just get this feeling that it is shitty and ridiculous. I mean what am I even trying to do here? Everything seems to be so generic, used up and overdone. Nothing I write seems to have any originality, and only tells the same story that already has been told a thousand times before, probably better. I am not a writer, and nor do I have plans to become one. I don’t plan on showing people what I write. Its just something for myself. But it takes away the motivation. I am aware of the fact that I here seem like some ridiculous whiny idiot with too much time on his hands and nothing to complain about. Feel free to do so you too if you wish.

I was just wondering if anyone maybe felt the same way or what others may think of these thoughts.
>>
>>8281891
do you WRITE on paper or do you type shit?
>>
If you feel its generic then see how you can approach it in a different way and what elements you can add.

If you feel you have some technical issues then study up to see what you can do about it.

Also, the people who say "everything's been done before" are fucking stupid. Forget them.
>>
>>8281904
On a computer. Why?
>>
File: kells.jpg (15 KB, 275x183) Image search: [Google]
kells.jpg
15 KB, 275x183
>>8281908
you should try to write.

For me it was ergonomics I had to get down, I buy thick cardstock paper so that it's not flimsy and the marker doesn't bleed or bloom the paper. And a staedler 'marker pen' or nib pen.

I think people don't realise how key it is to write in the moment, having a computer gives you the ability to abuse your idle mind instead of the mind you have in the moment. If you can't write, literally write on paper, then what your grabbing at creatively is being suffocated by the idea that it should be perfect, because computers allow us to perfect~ everything and then we become political robots.
Want to connect with yourself, or others, pick up the pen and get comfortable.
>>
File: image.gif (30 KB, 146x216) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
30 KB, 146x216
>>8281908

>he doesn't squeeze out the words and pinch off the sentences like a viscous stream of hot shit.
>>
>>8281950
wat
>>
OP here. Anyone interested in reading a short story i wrote? It's only one and a half pages long.
>>
File: 1466213510598.gif (933 KB, 343x284) Image search: [Google]
1466213510598.gif
933 KB, 343x284
>>8281950
>>
>>8281974
sure, post it
>>
>>8281974
Go for it
>>
File: part 1.png (181 KB, 608x859) Image search: [Google]
part 1.png
181 KB, 608x859
I wrote this story while listening to a "Bless this morning year" by Helios in the background. I think it manages to capture the kind of feeling I tried to conjure through the story. Feel free to listen to it too while reading.
>>
File: part 2.png (70 KB, 585x370) Image search: [Google]
part 2.png
70 KB, 585x370
>>8282049
>>
are you writing or wallowing
>>
>>8282121
What do you mean?
>>
>>8282055
>>8282049
I find nothing to complain about in the writing, and I very much like the first portion with the conductor
>>
>>8282049
>>8282055

There are some touches of real bad taste like 'goddamn foreigners' and 'seems like the French think pretty highly of their trains'. I'm also not really sure what time period this is supposed to be written in when it's feasible for a landlord to think it 'unfitting for a disgraced student to be living under his roof'.

But your style is far from hopeless, you just need to train yourself out of those lead-balloon asides.
>>
>>8281950
>image is a gif
>it doesn't fucking move
>>
>>8284105
>>8284115
Thanks for the feedback. As for the timeperiod, the story is supposed to take place in the late 18-hundreds or so.
>>
That quote by some woman about how the fact that you know what you're writing is bad shows that you have good taste and can over time learn to write something better, especially compared to someone who thinks the first things they wrote when they put pen to paper are great.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.