[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey /lit/, this is a long shot and something I asked here before
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 3
File: img671.jpg (488 KB, 2186x1426) Image search: [Google]
img671.jpg
488 KB, 2186x1426
Hey /lit/, this is a long shot and something I asked here before a year or two ago, but to no avail... I'm looking for a book I saw as a small child 30~ years ago. It's one of my earliest memories and no amount of searching has revealed it and it's driving me crazy.

Here's some information:

I'm pretty sure it's either a fantasy or sci-fi novel. I saw this in the mid 80s, so the book was likely published around or before that time. I was very small, I don't think I could read yet so I don't even remember anything about the title.

Here's the most striking/memorable part of the book, why it has stuck with me for over 30 years, and hopefully its strongest identifier:

The cover featured an intricately-detailed scene (not unlike pictured) of who I assume was the protagonist (I think it was your stereotypical 80s warrior/barbarian, probably scantily-clad and musclebound, though I can't be sure of this particular detail.) I believe he was hiding from the central focus of the cover, which was a giant, and we're talking COLOSSAL slug or possibly even snail. I think it was just a giant monster slug, but I think there was also some kind of giant shell either on the creature itself or in the background, because the background of the scene was really what was most interesting: it all took place in a vast swamp littered with bones. If I'm not mistaken, they weren't just human bones, but all sorts of creatures that, I assume, fell victim to this giant slug creature.

I'd give anything to see this image again, but I get the impression that this might have been from a very limited publication of a little-known book, so my hopes of finding it aren't too high... Here's to hoping you can help.
>>
I'll give this a bump before letting it fall back into obscurity...
>>
File: ClawOfTheConciliator.jpg (62 KB, 324x480) Image search: [Google]
ClawOfTheConciliator.jpg
62 KB, 324x480
Probably not this, though if it was so long ago you could've mistaken any two things for eyestalks...
>>
>>8279808
sounsd interesting, heres a free bump
>>
File: conan_vs__slug_by_xaede-d4gi7qk.jpg (295 KB, 900x1391) Image search: [Google]
conan_vs__slug_by_xaede-d4gi7qk.jpg
295 KB, 900x1391
Wish I could help, anon. Sounds like a Boris Vallejo atrocity.
Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.