[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So now that we are no longer bound by the mind matter dualism
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3
So now that we are no longer bound by the mind matter dualism but are facing a resurgent metaphysics based on emergence and vertical and horizontal pluralism(i.e. different levels of being: physics, chemistry, biology, psych, culture all with their own emergent and unique proporties and seperate non reducible ontology) and religion is coming back to the forfront as a driving force should we update our understanding of god as well? In what way?
After all, god is a personification, a literary subject through which we express our frustrations or that stands for the powers which we cannot control or cannot make sense of.
The ancient personal addressing towards problems in personified form might still have a place as long as we set the rules of interaction with such god or gods properly as a result of our contemporary understanding of the world.
>>
>>8275667
simply that "god" is the principle of absoluteness and completeness, and that everything else is an aspect of this totality.
>>
>>8275667
>emergent
Means nothing
>>
>>8275835
Emergency emergency, this anon having emerged from his mother's funny smelling cunt over two decades ago has never experienced an emergent property, or even seen an emergent tree in the woods
>>
File: Getyourshitstraightstarterkit.jpg (229 KB, 780x1200) Image search: [Google]
Getyourshitstraightstarterkit.jpg
229 KB, 780x1200
Again, pic related.

You shall not escape my benevolence, goddamn it. You will notice the distinct lack of Lacan. That should be an indicator of my sanity.

>inb4 Freud
I get it, but you have to separate the bullshit from the discovery of the unconscious, and you must read Freud to understand Jung better.

After Jung, Gebser is the final-boss in the list
>>
>>8276684
So like, if I read the Golden Bough, what am I getting into?
>>
>>8276720
>what am I getting into?

A masterpiece of comparative mythology.
>>
>>8276684

You'll obviously want to touch up on your mythology.
>>
>>8276684
Of course a woman would write a book about shamanism and extecy. Why are women so degenerate when you let them loose?
>>
File: 1451433719098.gif (2 MB, 390x277) Image search: [Google]
1451433719098.gif
2 MB, 390x277
>>8276768

>Mircea Eliade
>woman
>>
>>8276768
>extecy
>>
>>8276775
>>8276786
I was just joking guys, haha trolled you, it was a prank all along.
>>
>>8276684
why put graves between all those spooks?
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.