[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Do you have any authors that you read all of their books /lit/?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
File: download (1).jpg (6 KB, 183x275) Image search: [Google]
download (1).jpg
6 KB, 183x275
Do you have any authors that you read all of their books /lit/?
>>
Poe, Lovecraft are the only ones who (have) actually released more than 1-3 titles (I won't bother mentioning cases like that)

Also, I won't promise I've read all their material, but I've read very complete collections of their works etc. There's surely a chance that I've missed something small.
>>
>>8267796
No.
>>
Yeah actually, John Kennedy Toole and Barry Hughart.

Thanks suicide and rage quitting!
>>
John Williams, Gabriel Garcia Marquez, Charles Dickens (nearly), Jane Austen, Donna tartt, franzen, Steven king, grrm, Tolkien, etc.

Yeah I like to read the full works of an author I like if I can
>>
>>8267838
Oh and I've read To Kill a Mockingbird so there's another (Go Set a Watchmen ain't no book)
>>
Melville. Got most of Tolstoy knocked out, but still a couple short stories to go. Working on Dickens (novel #7) but motherfucker if he didn't publish a lot.

I'll get Joyce if I ever manage Finnegan's Wake. Big if, though...
>>
>>8267848
inb4
>>Finnegan's
>Finnegans

Fuck you /lit/
>>
DFW
>>
>>8267796

I consumed every last John Bellairs book that I could get my hands on while in middle school, which was something like two dozen volumes. John Bellairs was a YA/high school-tier author who wrote mystery stories with young protagonists, and occasionally some wise old benefactor/sidekick. It helped that many of the books had cover illustrations by Edward Gorey.
>>
>>8267796
The closest I've come is reading Joyce's main four (Dubliners, Portrait of the Artist, Ulysses, Finnegans Wake). Though he also wrote some poetry, a play, and various fragments that I've never touched, so technically no.
>>
Nietzsche and Plato, one work short of Aristotle.
>>
>>8267998
....you read the biological treatises and all?
>>
File: Unknown-2.jpg (18 KB, 312x445) Image search: [Google]
Unknown-2.jpg
18 KB, 312x445
>>8267796
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.