[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So I just finished reading part 1 of Atlas Shrugged. Should I
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1
File: 662.jpg (185 KB, 299x475) Image search: [Google]
662.jpg
185 KB, 299x475
So I just finished reading part 1 of Atlas Shrugged. Should I keep going or just call it quits? I heard that the rest of the book is shit.
>>
>>8267678
The fact that you made it that far is a feat in and of itself. You've earned the right to bow out and read some literature rather than pulpy ideology.
>>
>>8267678
I though parts 1 and 2 were good and part 3 was disappointing
>>
>>8267678
the whole book is shit
>>
>>8267691
this is the general opinion, so you're in for more "good" stuff.

i personally enjoyed part 3 though, but i gotta admit it was kinda grueling.

also, /lit/ likes to shit on it more than it's deserved. its a pretty awesome story
>>
>>8267879

Are you repeating what you've been told to think or have you actually read it?
>>
>>8268408
Not the >>8267879 but Atlas Shrugged is genuinely pretty bad. Not as bad as some of Rand's other works like Anthem, but suffice it to say, Atlas Shrugged was not a very good book.
>>
>>8268408
I've read the book. It's crap.
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.