[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm having a dispute with a friend of mine. He had read
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
File: a dance with dragons.jpg (152 KB, 1024x1024) Image search: [Google]
a dance with dragons.jpg
152 KB, 1024x1024
I'm having a dispute with a friend of mine. He had read Game of Thrones and is trying to tell me that this quote isn't in the book at all. Can anyone here source this with the page number for me please?

"Sunset found her squatting in the grass, groaning. Every stool was looser than the one before, and smelled fouler. By the time the moon came up she was shitting brown water. The more she drank, the more she shat, but the more she shat, the thirstier she grew, and her thirst sent her crawling to the stream to suck up more water."
>>
File: Enhance.jpg (15 KB, 300x167) Image search: [Google]
Enhance.jpg
15 KB, 300x167
>>8264204

So you believe this was in the book? Which character, and in what context would this apply to?
>>
>>8264204
check the last danyras chapter from dance with dragons
>>
>>8264638
>Which character, and in what context would this apply to?

Arya after escaping from Kings Landing or Daenerys being abandoned by most of the Dothraki after the death of Khal Drogo.
>>
It is in the book.

While generally well written, there are chapters you can easily tell where worked on while GRRM was either high as fuck or drunk as shit.

The chapter where Asha fucks a dude in AFfC gives off that vibe as well.
>>
>>8265083
>While generally well written
No.
>>
>>8265107
>generally competent
>>
>>8264650
>>8264638
>>8264653

Yup this is Daenarys alone in the desert somewhere, check her chapters towards the end of book five. Man I regret reading all of that shit.
>>
i'm having a dispute with one of the voices in my head, and neither of us can remember: are there any cats in any of the books? voice has a theory that King's Landing is the site of a crashed generation starship, and none of the cats survived.
>>
We aren't friends and ASOIAF is tripe written by a fat faggot that wrote for TV shows.
>>
>>8265476
>tripe written by a fat faggot that wrote for TV shows.

> they rejected my idea for a fantasy tv show about gay gnomes
>>
>>8264204
It is obviously of a woman having the pale mare disease, so either it is danny or arya... THX for the spoiler motherfucker
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.