[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
You have a budget of £ 50 million and a time limit of 3 years
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: maxresdefault.jpg (211 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
211 KB, 1920x1080
You have a budget of £ 50 million and a time limit of 3 years to create something that captures the imagination of the public as much as picrelated. But it must be PATRICIAN and CANON WORTHY and contain SERIOUS PHILOSOPHICAL DISCUSSION.

Is it even possible? Will you admit defeat and admit that Serious Literature is on par with poetry in terms of being a completely fucking dead medium?

European Extreme mode: It can only be a book.
>>
I know man... this Pokemon shit is really throwing me for a loop especially because I've read and written almost nothing for two days now playing it
>>
>>8262229
I waked for 3 hours yesterday with it, have to travel to take an exam today, so I can't roam around. Doesn't take up my reading time tho.
>>
I admit defeat.
>>
Bible Go
>>
>>8262199

Definitely not enough.
>>
Maybe a work of literature combined with an ARG that requires readers to go out and complete a variety of intriguing tasks to uncover more of it. Written by Thomas Pynchon for like half the 50 mil.
>>
>>8263348
Oh, and it can only be read on cell phones because that's hot shit for some reason. Also, there are accompanying videos with stylish animesque art.
>>
>>8262199
Pokemon Go is popular because ~70% of American millenials had Pokemon games seeded into their childhood minds. So it resonates deeply even with normies

So some piece of media tapping into the bible, another widespread cultural seed implanted at early age, would probably catch on fire
Probably an ironic treatment of some kind
>>
Sopranos already did this
>>
>>8262199
>SERIOUS PHILOSOPHICAL DISCUSSION
I've met more of my neighbors playing this game than I ever would have normally. I met these dudes two streets over that invited me out drinking just so we could all bar hop and catch pokemon. The human condition has forever been changed as a result of technology, however it is nice to see that technology having somewhat of a positive impact on social interaction.
It's bizarre that a phone game could make you question the direction of modern society as a whole.
>>
>>8262199
>something that captures the imagination of the public as much as picrelated
>SERIOUS PHILOSOPHICAL DISCUSSION
You have a strange view of "the public"
Closest thing I can think of is Undertale, but it kind of depends where your cutoff for serious philosophical discussion is.
>>
>>8262199
no - stop now
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.