[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>But to return back to the Moors, where I left off; they are
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1
File: defoe.jpg (27 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
defoe.jpg
27 KB, 300x300
>But to return back to the Moors, where I left off; they are an instance of that cruelty of disposition which was anciently in their nature, and how in a country abandoned
of the true Christian religion, after it has been first planted and professed among them, the return of heathenism or Mahometanism has brought back with it all the barbarisms of a nation void of religion and good nature.

>I saw enough of these dreadful people to think them at this time the worst of all the nations of the world; a nation where no such thing as a generous spirit, or a temper with any compassion mixed with it, is to be found; among whom Nature appeal’s stripped of all the additional glories which it derives from religion, and yet whereon a Christian flourishing church had stood several hundred
years.

This is from Daniel Defoe, a writer whose work is still taught today in English countries around the world. Tell me again why we still listen to these writers who were canonized by our grandpas? It's time we decolonize our curricula and get these racist as FUCK writers out of the classroom.

Is /lit/ on board?
>>
>>8261211
>can't even greentext properly

bad show OP.
>>
>>8261215
I assume it's copypasta that wasn't copied/pasted properly

Bad show OP.
>>
>>8261215
>>8261225
>>>/pol/
>>
>>8261215
>>8261225

desu I don't post on 4chan that much, but I do browse /lit/ from time to time because I think you're the smarter lot on this web site. Sorry I didn't follow your protocol or whatever.
>>
That's a pretty good impression, but
I don't think they'll stop teaching Robinson Crusoe in schools. They will just have to apologize for Friday and provide some context. Same as how Queequeg and Conrad's 'cannibals', won't keep Noby Dick and Heart if Darkness out of academia. Fret not little one... Despite protestations of the marginalized, we white people are still in charge of our own cultural propaganda.
>>
>>8261211
>>8261250
>>>/tumblr/
>>
>>8261250
Embarrassing. At least pretend to fit in.
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.