[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
wat
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4
File: INKLING.Inherent-Vice.jpg (74 KB, 320x481) Image search: [Google]
INKLING.Inherent-Vice.jpg
74 KB, 320x481
wat
>>
>>8260117
I saw the movie, it was a confused mess, but fun, I guess.

I HAVE read other pinecone
>>
>>8260117
What? Are you shitposting or are you going to elaborate on your confusion?
>>
CONSPIRACIES LOL
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-06-27_18-47-52.png (1 MB, 1680x1050) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-06-27_18-47-52.png
1 MB, 1680x1050
They're waking me up from my bad hippy dream.
>>
>>8260117
It's about the turn from the 60s into the 70s when things got deeply weird and sinister. Time itself is inherent vice.
>>
>>8260184
Deep
>>
>>8260184
The paragraph about the fist of the 70s crushing the happy adventures of the 60s is seriously underrated.
>>
You got Pynch'ed.
>>
Really disliked it
I should've started it without any expectations but from what I heard about Gravity's Rainbow I thought I was going to get something a bit complex, so probably a bad idea for this to be my first pynchon book

But honestly it just read like an action movie script written by hunter s thompson
>>
The perfect example of a book underrated by pseuds.
>>
>>8261331
Reread it again and pay attention. I don't think you fully understand the Golden Fang.

>>8260184
Pynchon ends up hating hippy culture. Vineland has more on this.
>>
>>8262119
Have not read Vineland but is it possible that this is because hippy culture was often defined by people not truly committed to dream of the 60s of personal freedom? Cause Inherent Vice seems to be about the death of that dream because people are too inherently greedy and power hungry too sustain it.
>>
File: dfw good sir.png (266 KB, 475x430) Image search: [Google]
dfw good sir.png
266 KB, 475x430
>mfw confused throughout the entire book

i understood more in Gravity's Rainbow even. maybe it was all the dialogue
>>
I'm planning on read this next. I loved Gravity's Rainbow and the movie even though I did understand what was happening.

The movie was hilarious and I didn't really try to pay too much attention because I want to save that for when I read the book. It still had that Pynchon vibe and reminded my of TCOL49.
>>
>>8260117
>mfw i know what pynchon is referencing in the title
>>
>>8262299
Sorta. He thinks they basically sold out and become yuppie scum, or are naive dumbasses, also it was co-opted from the start
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-06-27_19-06-53.png (2 MB, 1680x1050) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-06-27_19-06-53.png
2 MB, 1680x1050
>>8262608
PTA left a lot out of Inherent Vice. I don't know if that was intentional or due to the constraints of Hollywood. I'm really hoping he's cut a 5 hour cut that will get a Criterion release.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.