[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Post your favorite metaphors/similes
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2
File: 1464153623992.jpg (421 KB, 1154x1600) Image search: [Google]
1464153623992.jpg
421 KB, 1154x1600
>It was the furthest thing in the world from the rosy-fingered dawn of poetry and old Technicolor movies; this was an anti-dawn, damp and as pale as the cheek of a day-old corpse.
>>
"Very like leaves
upon this earth are the generations of men—
old leaves, cast on the ground by wind, young leaves
the greening forest bears when spring comes in."
>>
—Siéntate, Montag. Observa. Delicadamente, como pétalos de una flor. Cada una se convierte en una mariposa negra. Hermoso, ¿verdad? Enciende la tercera página con la segunda y así sucesivamente, quemando en cadena, capítulo por capítulo, todas las cosas absurdas que significan las palabras, todas las falsas promesas, todas las ideas de segunda mano y las filosofías estropeadas por el tiempo.
>>
>>8259600
Source?
>>
the one with the rain and hurricane and drizzle and nizzle
>>
Typically a body pools blood in the tissues in the first few hours of death and goes purplish, then it starts to go greenish, not pale.

http://www.anomalies-unlimited.com/Death/Stages.html
>>
>>8259690
Typically, you'd post this on reddit so, what's wrong? Are you lost?
>>
>>8259760
Is there some internet law that I am not aware of that states all critiques of shitty similes belong on reddit?
>>
>>8259778
But of course. Have you not read it? For shame!
>>
>>8259760

Tbqh, that dude's brand of weapons grade autism belongs on the chans
>>
As ravening fire rips through big stands of timber
high on a mountain ridge and the blaze flares miles away,
so from the marching troops the blaze of bronze armor,
splendid and superhuman, flared across the earth,
flashing into the air that hit the skies.
>>
File: 1464661966935.jpg (387 KB, 2464x1632) Image search: [Google]
1464661966935.jpg
387 KB, 2464x1632
>“The sky above the port was the color of television, tuned to a dead channel.”
>>
>>8259600
I fucking love 451
>>
>>8259550
A mountain walked or stumbled.
>>
>>8260315
That line is terrible. When you tuned a television to a dead channel at the time that book was written, you got static. It amazes me how many people cite the line as a good one, but I guess most sci fi fans have low prose standards.
>>
>>8259784
>But of course.
>Have you not read it?
>For shame!

Seems pretty reddit to me
>>
>>8260803
hmmm makes u think
>>
>>8260803
isn't the sky supposed to be a dull grey with sparkles of light in it?
I haven't read the book, that's just what I imagined when I read the line
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.