[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
My mum is a Leninist/Trotskyist and keeps trying to get me to
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1
File: tendays.jpg (54 KB, 297x475) Image search: [Google]
tendays.jpg
54 KB, 297x475
My mum is a Leninist/Trotskyist and keeps trying to get me to read this book, does it have any literary merit or is it just pro commie trash?
>>
>>8257189
It's really good. I find the Russian revolution the most fascinating period in history
>>
If you're the kind of person who uses phrases like 'pro commie trash' you really do need to read more about communism - even if you still disagree with it, books like Reed's communicate perfectly the enthusiasm of what was still perhaps the most important moment of the whole of the 20th Century, doing a good job to explain it as a myth if not as a historical event. Read this book - and some other entry-level Marxist stuff, the manifesto, Edgar Snow's stuff on China, etc. - and you might understand why communism has been an essential part of the global system ever since.
>>
>>8257245
Well nobody wants to read disguised propaganda. I think that's what OP meant
>>
>>8257189
>My mum is a Leninist/Trotskyist
hot desu
>>
>>8257250
Thing is, with communism everything is propaganda, either for or against. There is no neutral position on the idea.
>>
>>8257288
your a dorable
>>
>>8257291
Thanks. Want to cuddle?
>>
>>8257257

She is only in the most superfluous and vacuous way possible, as are the majority of women who profess strong political opinions.
>>
>>8257189
Its an important primary source of the Russian revolution and well worth the read.

Now if you want to trigger your mother mother by out lefting her

Take a look at

http://theanarchistlibrary.org/library/emma-goldman-there-is-no-communism-in-russia

If you enjoy that then read her bigger work on the matter

http://theanarchistlibrary.org/library/emma-goldman-my-disillusionment-in-russia

http://theanarchistlibrary.org/library/emma-goldman-my-further-disillusionment-in-russia
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.