[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>go to a book store >Moby-Dick and Gulliver's Travels
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2
File: 1435402511911.png (242 KB, 363x469) Image search: [Google]
1435402511911.png
242 KB, 363x469
>go to a book store
>Moby-Dick and Gulliver's Travels are under the children's lit label
>>
>>8255385
haha aint that a good thing? some lil bub gunna grab some hungry catapillar and get some melville down his throat
>>
To be fair, most kids read Moby Dick in elementary school.
>>
File: image.jpg (33 KB, 600x375) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
33 KB, 600x375
>>8255385
>this nigger didn't read moby dick in kindergarten
>>
>>8255394
that's an interesting expression, though you should have said some dick down his throat for added edge.
>>
>>8256033

No they fucking don't. They might watch part of a film adaptation, some passages, part of an abriged version or something. They don't actually read Moby Dick.

And I am of course obviosuly referring to the overwhelming majority of elementary school students, particularly in the USA. I expect you'll be able to find exceptions with some digging, but they just prove what I'm saying, which is that generally speaking, kids don't read Moby Dick. "Hurr this one class of kids in New England read it" is not a proof of what you just claimed.
>>
>>8256146
Pure autism.
>>
>>8256078
dont want to get on a list
>>8256050
>he didnt accidently write moby dick in kindergarten exactly despite neither reading it
>>
>>8256033
HAHAHAHA.No.
Most kids read Holden Caufeild, Mockingbird and SparkNotes in High School.
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.