[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Broke fuck here. I recently finished a book but am burnt out
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2
Broke fuck here. I recently finished a book but am burnt out and can't be bothered to edit it and fix the formatting, I just can't. What are some good budget-friendly avenues to find an editor?
>>
>>8253600
take a week off and then stop being lazy
>>
you have to do editing yourself.
then an agent will also help you edit if you find an agent that likes your work.
then if the agent gets you a book deal with a publisher, the publisher will also have an editor.
none of this should cost you money, as your agent and publisher make money on the sale of your book. if an agent is asking you for money up front you probably shouldn't trust them.

basically stop being lazy, editing is part of writing.
>>
>>8253600
I wouldn't trust the average freelance editor as far as I could throw them. Your best bet is to just wait a couple of months till you're less burnt out on the fucker and get back at it.
>>
/thread
>>
I love editing. Especially my own work. What's your sitch hombre
>>
>>8253625
>>8253636

Thanks a lot for the information guys. I know I may be flirting too heavily with impatience and just want to get the wheels turning with this situation; but I am just so beat up. This last year (outside of the novel) has been hell on me and I feel I'm wasting every single day that goes by if it isn't in someones hands yet.

>>8253679
Definitely an editor/proof reader and I need extensive repairs with the formatting of my manuscript (I used Word) since I mangled it. It's a mess.
>>
>>8253749
Oye mate.

I'm a freelance editor. Hire me instead of the other guy if you're still interested.
>>
>>8253813
How do you operate/what is your info
>>
Go hang out with the other wannabe fagmos at Starbucks then hang yourself. Writing takes effort. Poor you.
>>
>>8254087

I suffer from clinical depression and have avoidant personality disorder, you fucking pillow-biter. Yeah, poor me.
>>
>>8254316
WTF?! Clinical depression?! Avoidant personality disorder?! You know those things aren't real illnesses right?
>>
>>8253904
Not that guy but also an editor/proofreader.
[email protected]
I work full time and do this on the side, so I'll readily admit my turnaround is not as fast as the average freelance editor, but I'm skilled and experienced and no one has complained about the cost yet.
>>
>>8254357
Just because you are a mentally I'll fuck who refuses to admit it doesn't mean we all have to be. Also you are correct that there is no difference between clinical depression and depression.
>>
>>8253600
you need to kind of clarify what kind of editing you want. Do you want a really in-depth gordon lish edit with lots of feedback about content and characterization, or do you just want a copyedit to clean up spelling and punctuation. Finding a decent freelance copyeditor for cheap shouldn't actually be too hard, and they'll clean you shitty book up, but they'll also do retarded autism shit like capitalize "dumpster" because it is technically a brand name.
>>
Give that shit to me, I'll ctrl f out every time you say very and replace it with throbbing member.
>>
File: milhouse.png (301 KB, 512x384) Image search: [Google]
milhouse.png
301 KB, 512x384
>>8254604
>tfw gordon lish will never edit your work
>>
"Editor" -- now where have I heard that before ...

Isn't that a title, or something? A job description?

hm...
>>
>>8254604
I'm happy with the final product, I just need to clean up the punctuation and format etc. paragraphs, spacing, scene breaks (not chapter), alignment. basically all the little shit that snowballs and turns into a huge problem if not curbed. Please keep in mind this is the very first time I've done this
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.