[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
why is one of the most popular halloween costumes called "frankenstein"
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: Frankenstein.jpg (29 KB, 500x398) Image search: [Google]
Frankenstein.jpg
29 KB, 500x398
why is one of the most popular halloween costumes called "frankenstein" when it's the creature? how has this been allowed to go on for so long?
>>
who cares nerd
>>
>>8252399
how do so many people have it wrong and why is it so common to refer to the creature as frankenstein?
>>
>>8252416
>Frankenstein THE monster
instead of
>Frankenstein's monster
>>
i guess anglos think the name frankenstein sounds scary and shit
>>
metonymy
>>
>>8252382
If you've read the book you would know there's a lot in it about frankenstein's monster being the double of frankenstein, or even in particular interpretations that the monster is really just a fantasy constructed by frankenstein out of his fetishised fear of maternity and womanhood

It isn't literally correct to call frankenstein's monster by frankenstein's name, but its a funny little freudian slip which has come about because of how the books was written
>>
But Anon, Frankenstein was the true monster all along
>>
>>8252446
This
>>
>>8252382
This board is for literature, not some girl's wattpad-tier shit.
>>
But Anon, Moby was the real dick all along
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.