[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>People often cry up the universal progress made [...] throughout
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1
>People often cry up the universal progress made [...] throughout the ages, and probably mean by that more particularly the progress in knowledge. Certainly knowlege is progressing, its advance is irresistable, it actually progresses at an accelerating speed, always faster, but what is there to praise in that? It is as if one were to praise someone because with the years he grows older, and in consequence comes nearer and nearer to death with increasing speed.

What did he mean by this?

>europe & modernity general
>>
Do weird pics like that have a name? I dig the aesthetic tbqh
>>
>>8252037
It looks a lot like those weird Watchtower pictures. Jehovah - core?
>>
>>8252025
what a fucking retarded statement.

who said this? is this the pseudo intellectual dribble that modern philosophers come up with?

you want to know what there is to praise in that? how about the fact that increase in knowledge in most fields of science directly corresponds with longer, healthier and more fulfilled lifes for everyone you IQ 100 wannabe intellectual?
>>
>>8252119
Islam seems chiller than most white dudes I run into every day, but I'm just a white dude stuck in America

>>8252037
Idk, it was the only pic of a dog I already had on my phone

>>8252190
its from a Kafka story about dogs
Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.