[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Dystopia recommended thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (89 KB, 648x864) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
89 KB, 648x864
I'm really intrested in dystopian novels like BNW (pic related) because I like how they can satirize today's modern society. Gimme the best of the best
>>
>>8251776
Darkness at Noon
The Gulag Archipelago
On the Marble Cliffs
>>
>>8251776
They aren't satirizing today's society, retard.
They're a warning of what will happen with society in the future if we maintain the current, low amount of individual and civilizational self-consciousness
>>
>>8251796
>tfw no soma and no pussy
>>
>>8251799
as if to prove my point, you're already pretty proto-Gamma with your value system
>>
>>8251804
To be fair, I'm not OP, just depressed. OP is underaged, as his analysis and breadth of reading in dystopic literature suggests.

Be that as it may, my point stands. I just need a constant flood of endorphins and dopamine.
>>
>>8251808
sorry then m9

watch out with that tho, at least in the drugs department, that shit will only fuck you up worse

just eat healthily, do some physical activity, get proper sleep and have a LOT of patience because none of it is going to help you over unless sustained for at least 2-3 months.
>>
>>8251796
>warning about the future with today's problems
That's definitely a way to satirize modern society
>>
>>8251776
Zamyatin's We provided the main inspiration behind Orwell's 1984 (but I don't know why because it's a little shit. I personally think 1984 was a better novel).
>>
>>8251961
maybe, in the sense that writing fantasy novels is a way to write an epic poem
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.