[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Just marathoned the first chapter. I'm blown way. Is it
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 5
File: Lot49.jpg (29 KB, 223x350) Image search: [Google]
Lot49.jpg
29 KB, 223x350
Just marathoned the first chapter. I'm blown way.

Is it worth it to keep going?
>>
>>8249456
Just marathoned this post. I want to blow myself away.

>>
<3<3<3

This book
>>
>>8249456
>>8249462

Just marathoned this thread. I want to blow myself.

>>
>>8249456
Yes it is. The book's short, anyway. But yes it is.
>>
>>8249456
Just maryleboned this tome I want to keep blowing.
Is it worth my self?
>>
File: images.jpg (4 KB, 300x168) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
4 KB, 300x168
>>8249456
>"marathoned"
>chapter is literally like less than ten pages long
>>
>>8249462
my sides
>>
File: eb9.jpg (32 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
eb9.jpg
32 KB, 500x500
>marathoned
>chapter
wew lad
>>
>>8249464
sage for misandry
>>
I absolutely MUST assert that Pynchon is an absolutely FABULOUS writer, because my absolute FAVORITE thing in a book is a goof, a gag, a joke, silly and boyish behavior, which his books are FULL to the BRIM of. Every novel of his is like an absolutely gorgeous novelty snake can, in which you open the book and (Pop!) you get a face absolutely FULL of snakes, and you fall back absolutely cackling at the MADMAN, the CRACK genius that he is to do it! And you think to yourself, "Hmmm, what will he do next, this absolutely gorgeous trickster," and you pick the book up again and (Shock!) you get a shock, and (Hahaha!!!) you've been pranked again by that absolute PYNCHmeister, that absolute card to do it! "Did that PYNCH, mademoiselle?" he asks, mistaking your gender again like all those nasty boys at school do, laughing that fantastic laugh of his that goes, "Yukyukyuk!" Look at that card as he shoves a pair of plastic buckteeth right up into his handsome mouth and shows them to you like the absolute madman that he is (left, right, and center). "Do you like these, mademoiselle? Does it make me look handsome?" He pulls out a fantastic mirror, and "Ah!" he says, with a hand to his absolutely NAUGHTY mouth, and you've fell on your tush again laughing with sheer hysterical laughter as he snaps his suspenders, leaves, then comes back again carrying an absolutely fabulous
golden huge gong.
>>
>>8249456
Please
>>
>Op makes obvious joke about marathoning first chapter of 100 page book
>Lit chimps out

Bravo

Also what was lot?
>>
I thought the Trystero was gonna turn out to be the figure of a hanged woman and I assumed that would be Oedipa's fate.

It didn't happen.
>>
>>8249494
Just marathoned this board. I want to blow myself up.

>>
>>8249456
> marathons first chapter
Hi /mu/
>>
>>8250229
Ι don't like this gay revision. What were you thinking?
>>
>>8249456
Yes yes yes. It's Pynchon's second weakest after Vineland but even that is a recommendation in itself.
>>
>>8249456

Ignore those BOZOS above me. Definitely worth continuing, I've read it 5 times by now and it still baffles me. Second chapter is the funniest, btw. :-) Greetings, an anonymous friend.
>>
>>8249464
>you're the typical poster of this website arennt you
>>/x/
>>
Marathoning wouldn't even be applicable even if you read the entire thing in one sitting. Regardless, I would suggest doing so
>>
>>8249462
It's never worth it to keep going.
>>
>>8249456
Does anyone else see this image as a stick figure in a layered skirt hanging itself?
>>
>>8252018
W.A.S.T.E
>>
File: Semper-Fi.jpg (32 KB, 601x451) Image search: [Google]
Semper-Fi.jpg
32 KB, 601x451
>>8249456
lirerally just nnarathon'd jjjjjjjj
>>
>>8250580
>pretending you're not OP
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.