[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
MURAKAMI
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: kafka-on-the-shore-13t8d7l.jpg (128 KB, 805x642) Image search: [Google]
kafka-on-the-shore-13t8d7l.jpg
128 KB, 805x642
Share your thoughts about "Kafka on the Shore" /lit/.
>>
>>8248710
I read norwegian wood and the only thing I liked about it was the ending
I didn't get the book, but maybe there was nothing to get
that's all I've got to say
>>
>>8248710
It's the only Murakami novel I really like, although I havent read many. I've been meaning to reread it.
>>
literature for people who don't read literature

it's not bad but it's not good.
>>
>>8248710
I've read four of his books. Kafka and Norwegian Wood were my favourites. There's something comforting in the way he writes, I guess I relate to his main characters quietness and isolation
>>
I put a lot of hours into time Wind-Up Bird Chronicle and I didn't even like it - and yet I feel drawn to read more Murakami

go figure
>>
>>8249022
this
>>
I realize his books aren't exactly high brow but there's something nice about reading them.

People always say he's comfy, and I'd agree with that, even though it's a memey way to describe it.
>>
I liked Norwegian Wood well enough but gave up on Kafka about halfway through because it just wasn't grabbing me. His writing was always perverted in a way that never added to the narrative (a milf piano teacher being seduced by a little girl? A guy receiving a handjob and fantasising about it being from his estranged sister?). Obviously there's nothing wrong with sex in literature but his writing is comparable to the needless, juvenile sexualisation that's ubiquitous in anime - in fact when I was reading Kafka I felt that a film adaptation wouldn't work, but an anime adaptation would, which I guess should be considered a harsh criticism.
>>
>>8249234
>A guy receiving a handjob and fantasising about it being from his estranged sister?
It gets worse man, you did yourself a favour by stopping where you did.]
Agree with you on the anime adaption thing, except even the animefags would recognize that it's nothing more than a quasi-deep mess based on some perverted masturbation fantasies.
>>
its my fav book by murakami, ive read all of them
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.