[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Was he the best philosopher?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
File: Julius Evola.jpg (177 KB, 400x600) Image search: [Google]
Julius Evola.jpg
177 KB, 400x600
Was he the best philosopher?
>>
>>8246810
Thanks.
>>
Never heard of him before /lit/, who is he and what has he done?
>>
>>8247994
Evola. Gets pegged as a traditionalist, but he had some reservations. Rejected both capitalism and communism since they were both modern inventions and led to dehumanizing societies. Advocated ingestion of psychedelics given certain conditions.

File him under "critic of modernity" along with the rest of /lit/'s favorite boyos.
>>
>>8248035
>Advocated ingestion of psychedelics given certain conditions

Only as a youth. He later opposed it entirely as a false means of spiritual and psychological ascension in 'Ride The Tiger'.
>>
>>8246787
no, complete trash for idiots
read real philosophy
>>
he had interesting ideas, but his works are hard to read
Guenon is much more straight forward

>>8247994
he belonged to the Tradition school, which tried to be as edgy and India-boo as possible
the kind who criticize fascists for being too 'modernistic'
>>
File: smug stirner remains unspooked.jpg (324 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
smug stirner remains unspooked.jpg
324 KB, 1600x1200
Man's thought was a goddamned haunted house.
>>
These niche philosophers are constantly revived to dupe a new generation of kids into repeating all the mistakes of the last century. Sad really.
>>
lol ebola
>>
His occultism ruins it for me.
>>
>>8248179
>His occultism

ok what
>>
>>8246787
His ideas on sexuality are really thoughtful and relevant. He was a great philospher. The best? I don't think so.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.