[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Whiny Bitch
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: jfj.jpg (8 KB, 258x196) Image search: [Google]
jfj.jpg
8 KB, 258x196
I'm a self-help cuck. Maybe it's just because I walked off the job and proceeded to drink Wild Turkey till I felt like shit posting. But here it goes.

I am worried that I am more interested in the idea of being smart than, you know, actually being interested in things, intensely perusing them, and thinking creatively within that given field of interest to thereby smart.

I'll go ahead and save you the memes and say yes I know I'm a god damn pleb, and I should probably kill myself.

I read a lot (just like any other c/lit/fag) and write fiction just about every day. I study poetry. I've gotten my academic research down to a fucking formula. I go on long walks and meditate deeply on life. But I don't give a fuck about any of it.

I feel like I am posturing. Like I only care about being perceived as smart. And whenever anything seems too hard or too time consuming I dismiss myself as lazy or, when I'm really faced with a challenge, like my mental capacities hit a brick wall.

How the fuck do I get over this? Are there any books I can read? Any advice? Or should I just spend the rest of my life reading Russian lit about being a god damned pleb and fucking suck it up?
>>
You'll grow out of it.
>>
>>8245659
get over yourself
>>
>>8245659
>I should probably kill myself

Seems like you have all the advice you need
>>
>>8245659
>How the fuck do I get over this?
Take the redpill
>>
>>8245659
>I am worried that I am more interested in the idea of being smart than, you know, actually being interested in things, intensely perusing them, and thinking creatively within that given field of interest to thereby smart.
t. literally everyone on /lit/

Get over yourself you faggot, nobody wants to read this shit
>>
>>8245676
T R U E
>>
Just read The Ego and Its Own.
>>
It's the manifestation of pure, unadulterated pretentiousness to its highest degree. It's a result of years of exposure to nothing but mass media-generated simulacra. The lack of realness and sincerity, so inherently prominent in all forms of modern media have an effect on your brain and desensitize you from all forms of sincere appreciation. You're fucked. Frankly, we all are.
>>
Are you D F Dubs
>>
>>8245875
Reality and honesty are spooks.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.