[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What are some other sites you guys go on for literature based
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1
File: Smell.gif (496 KB, 450x338) Image search: [Google]
Smell.gif
496 KB, 450x338
What are some other sites you guys go on for literature based discussion/news/etc.??

It's quite clear that this is one of the best online boards/forums for immediate discussion based around literature, but half, or more than half, of the posts are filled with trolls, bait, or people trying to seem edgy by purposely not liking good books because they're well known. (mostly this last one).

This whole 'meme' book thing seems to make people afraid to actually say they like a book, which is retarded. And when people bash books like Fahrenheit 451 (and other classics) for no reason, it ruins shit. Not liking it is fine, but say what you don't like instead of just hating like a fucking high school faggot.

I too am a fag for writing this, but books are my passion and its annoying to see a bunch of try hards shit posting to seem cool on an anonymous board. For the people who contribute, appreciated.

Also, any of you guys have your own blogs?
>>
>>8242574

This is it senpai

The content is shittier during the summer but it's pretty shit all year
>>
/r/literature
>>
>>8242574
>Also, any of you guys have your own blogs?
lol kys
>>
>>8242903
because creating your own content is a bad thing?

HS autism right here or bait
>>
>>8242574
Fahrensheit 456 is not a classic; nor is it bashed for "no reason".
It falls into that goofy category of books whose message takes over the entirety of the universe, along with books like 1984, and brave new world, animal farm, among many other young adult offenders. However at least in the later two, or three ( although still highschool tier in depth ) there is some shadow of lived in world and nuance. In fahrensheit you get a heavy handed clap on the shoulder for being a reader by a book whose prose is so dog shit it would be mental poison for anyone with a shred of love for words.

What you are left with is a joke for the discerning retard. The champagne of mountain dew. Cardboard characters dance around a comically shallow protagonist, for a couple hundred pages of no consequential beauty.
The only scene even approaching artistic expression is spoiled when the robot cop asks why the protagonist is taking a walk, just in case the reader formed their own thoughts on the interruption.

Fuck that book and any cuck who thinks it's worth the paper it's printed on. The book works as one of the best arguments for the dystopian world it's trying so pathetically hard to argue against.
>>
>>8242993

It's not canon worthy and what you say about its message dominating its world is true but it's still alright, no need to get this triggered.
>>
>>8242993
I was going to comment with lit blog recommendations, and a tamer version of this.

The truth is, there aren't so many outlets to express such hyperbolic reactions or thoughts on literature.

IRL, we can't express our disdain for people's taste or we often risk alienation, or discouraging a person from reading, and even utter garbage YA shite can lead someone on a path towards Real Literature.

/lit/ is a place where countless lonely follower plebs shit post and get themselves off to approval or angry reactions, but then there are those of us who want to discuss literature in an uncensored way, and to also get off on the knowledge we have that often goes unappreciated in real life.

I'd recommend Scott Esposito's blog, Conversational Reading, updated erratically but with great stuff. Though, to indulge in my assholeness, if Fahrenheit is your go to for unappreciated lit around here, your taste probably won't align with his generally superb recs, so more mainstream online lit articles and discussion can be found on lithub or themillions.

The Millions actually had an article on Gaddis recently, but I haven't been paying them much attention lately otherwise.
>>
>>8243032

Thanks for this response, I'll def check out Conversational Reading. Fahrenheit 451 was just an example. I personally loved it and enjoy similar works but currently I'm going through all classics ranging from Of Mice and Men to Notes From the Underground (Sci-Fi, Russian Lit, Historical Fiction etc. you get the point), and literally all these good books just get bombarded with hate by 75% of the people with vague arguments and utter nonsense like >>8242993

One thing to have an opinion, but talking down upon it because its taught in high school? Honestly i don't think a lot of people are considering the real life implications and applying that to today's society for Fahrenheit 451, but hey, I could be a lunatic so w/e.

Now as for
>IRL, we can't express our disdain for people's taste or we often risk alienation, or discouraging a person from reading, and even utter garbage YA shite can lead someone on a path towards Real Literature.

You're right, never really thought of that. It's just like TV shows, everyone has their opinions, but in the book community, hard to knock some one without looking like a pretentious fuck.

End point: For the most part from what im seeing, its coming to the point that what a lot of people are ironically saying, is becoming the status quo
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.