[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is it okay to say i "read" a book when I really only
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1
File: download.jpg (12 KB, 259x194) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
12 KB, 259x194
Is it okay to say i "read" a book when I really only listened to the audiobook?

i have about 20 hours a week of work where i can listen to anything I want, but i also want to cheat and be literate

have you done this?
>>
>>8241085
No because you didn't "read" it. You listened to it, so you tell people that you listened to the audiobook. Of course you can do whatever you want, you can read the sparknotes of meme books and tell people you read those too.
>>
no its not okay. dissociate yourself from people who would care about you saying you listened to an audiobook, and dissociate yourself from this compulsion to paint a face that isnt really you
>>
>>8241093
I agree with this

I would disagree with the emphasis, to kvetch about sitting or lying down and staring a stack of paper to listening to someone talk, of reading of paper books over all other mediums beyond the significance of the personal preference to the reader.
>>
>>8241104
sounds like a case of the spooks
>>
Nah man. Be honest with yourself.

I don't mind if you had baby hands and you work at a pet store. Enjoy your books and say you've listened to them.
>>
>>8241085
reading is active, listening is passive
and maybe this is only a problem for me but my mind begins to wander when listening to podcasts and stuff so that i miss chunks of whatever is being said. you can't skip over parts of a book and claim to have read it.
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.