[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do you feel about William S. Burroughs?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 3
File: William-Burroughs.jpg (39 KB, 402x402) Image search: [Google]
William-Burroughs.jpg
39 KB, 402x402
How do you feel about William S. Burroughs?
>>
>memeoplasm
>>
What has he done for me lately?
>>
junky was ok. his automatic writing meme didn't make for very interesting writing.
>>
Brilliant. His nova trilogy left a significant impact on my thinking.
>>
>>8236395
I'm finishing Naked Lunch right now. Read it a few years and couldn't get into it because of the lingo. Read Junk and Queer, got used to it and holy shit, I love this book. Very much to starting the Nova trilogy soon, how would you compare it to Naked Lunch?
>>
>>8236425
*very much looking forward to
>>
>>8236359
A personal hero of mine desu
fantastic writer and a truly interesting and individual human being
>>
File: BurroughsChart.png (3 MB, 2000x3000) Image search: [Google]
BurroughsChart.png
3 MB, 2000x3000
>>8236436
same
>>
>>8236448
>pic
where are the yage letters?
>>
>>8236436
>A personal hero of mine desu
>fantastic writer and a truly interesting and individual human being
lmao, fuck off soda.
>>
he's a fucking faggot
>>
>>8236459
I decided it wasnt essential-essential when I was putting together the chart (and ran out of room)

I am sure I will go back and expand it at some point
>>
>>8236487
cool
good chart btw
>>
With my hands.
>>
>>8236462
who the fuck is soda? some sorta trip?
>>
>>8236492
>tfw caressing Allerton with your ghost fingers
>>
>>8236496
he's a guy in this >>8236464 stupid chat
>>
>>8236425
Stylistically it's quite similar to naked lunch, but it's also exceedingly more ambitious. Naked lunch is a prelude to nova's schizophrenic symphony. Enjoy.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rtvYU196Aj4
>>
>>8236598
wtf, not available in my country
fucking GEMA
what the fuck
>>
>>8236359
what a character!
>>
>>8236359
Great writer. If only he could have managed his ambitions more efficiently he could have easily written a spiritual successor to Finnegans or Ulysses.
>>
>>8237243
Kek
>>
>>8237266
Exactly my opinion
>>
>>8237279
>someone got my funny joke
a good feeling
>>
>>8236359
Degenerate drug-addicted faggot who murdered his wife and sucks at writing.
>>
>>8236359
>sharp carrion
>jissom
>carbonization
>>
>>8236538
>schizophrenic symphony
scatterbrained, narcotics induced hallucination under the guise of profundity. He took this concept to paper and scissors. Reading too much into it.
>>
>>8236359
Well, he's a writer.

t. Beckett
>>
>>8237542
So you've never read his nova trilogy?
>>
>>8236487
thank you for producing content for this board
>>
>>8236388

Queer > Junky
>>
>>8238301
they're not really comparable
>>
Loved Junky, Queer was an interesting one too. Now, as for Naked Lunch, i don't really consider it a book, so to speak. It's an abstract concept, that just happen to resemble a book. Full of nightmare/dream imagery, symbolism and a feeling of things more than a coherent narrative. In any case, i enjoy opening it some days, a random chapter at a time, when i need a certain literary kick, so to speak, to kickstart a new prose project or to get into the proper state of mind for a paranoia fueled poetry.

The Nova trilogy was a bit too much for me, but none the less enjoyable
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.