[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So this aside what Vonnegut books are worth reading?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
File: slaughterhouse.jpg (41 KB, 311x475) Image search: [Google]
slaughterhouse.jpg
41 KB, 311x475
So this aside what Vonnegut books are worth reading?
>>
>>8234428
Cat's Cradle was far and away my favorite of his
>>
>>8234428
New reader here. I've just started reading this. What makes it come second to his other works?
>>
Mother Night
>>
Cat's Cradle, Sirens of Titan, and S5 are usual favorites
>>
>>8234428
I just read Player Piano at the library the other day and definitely not that. It's one of his weaker books.
>>
>>8234966
lol that's the last Vonnegut book I read too.
The writing itself was good, but goddamn if it isn't the most naive idealism since Huxley.
>>
>>8234964
I'd go with Cat's Cradle. Sirens of Titan was pretty shitty imho.
>>
>>8234974
I don't know if I'd call it naive idealism or half-baked pessimism. It somehow felt like both at the same time, which is very much like him.
>>
>>8234989
I've read all three, and Sirens is my least favorite of the three, a lot of people like it. I thought it had weak and flat characters but a strong plot. It's also one of his early novels, and a lot of readers enjoy reading notable early works since they're more raw compared to later works.
>>
>>8234428
BREAKFAST OF CHAMPIONS
>>
>>8235070
This is a little advanced. better to read after one had adapted to Kurt's depressing tone.
>>8234428
Sirens and Galapagos were mind blowing when I first read them, not sure how good they will be to a non-teenager though.
>>
File: Vonnegut-grades.jpg (42 KB, 410x400) Image search: [Google]
Vonnegut-grades.jpg
42 KB, 410x400
>>8234428
These are his ratings. It's generally agreed that the A's and A+ are the only ones you should read but a fair few people say that their favourite is Breakfast of Champions. (I'd recommend Slapstick it's in memory of his sister)
>>
>>8235552
Forgot to mention: I'm reading The Sirens of Titan currently and I think it's shit, also Mr Rosewater from God Bless You,Mr Rosewater is my favourite protagonist from any book
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.