[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Has anyone here ever heard of Toiletpaper magazine? Somebody
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1
File: bonus.png (772 KB, 1092x820) Image search: [Google]
bonus.png
772 KB, 1092x820
Has anyone here ever heard of Toiletpaper magazine? Somebody mentioned it to me in passing today, and I can't find very much about it online. Looks cool but I want to hear a review before I go around buying wordless books.

Not sure if /lit/ is quite the right place for this, but I wasn't sure where else to go. Kick me out if this doesn't fit.

http://www.toiletpapermagazine.org/
>>
>>8228244
for a moment I thought that was from a gloryhole movie
>>
go market your shit someplace else
>>
>>8228244
>this fucking website

this mobile based shit is killing me...
>>
>>8228244
>pseudo vaporwave anachronistic trash

I'm good fahm. I think tumblr is more your platform.
>>
>The magazine contains no text; each picture springs from an idea, often simple, and through a complex orchestration of people it becomes the materialization of the artists’ mental outbursts. Since the first issue, in June 2010, TOILETPAPER has created a world that displays ambiguous narratives and a troubling imagination. It combines the vernacular of commercial photography with twisted narrative tableaux and surrealistic imagery. The result is a publication that is itself a work of art, which, through its accessible form as a magazine, and through its wide distribution, challenges the limits of the contemporary art economy.

i.e. it's bullshit (wankery)
>>
>>8228244
good for kindling
>>
>>8228726
Toiletpaper magazine is a showcase for contemporary fashion and art photography, I assure (You), they don't need promotion on 4chan.

>>8228244
I found out about it a few years ago at the Venice Biennale and heard a renowed local photographer praise it when visiting my uni for a course he was giving. OP go for it if you like humorous and disturbing photography, but you're at the wrong place since this is not literature. Look up Maurizio Cattelan, the artist who runs the magazine.
>>
>>8230108
Fuck off shill
>>
>>8230213
Tinfoil idiot
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.