[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Foreign Language general thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1
File: 1445448687491.jpg (123 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1445448687491.jpg
123 KB, 500x500
Where does one start with learning a foreign language? The one I have in mind is Russian, but I have absolutely no idea where to start at when I'm trying to learn.

If this is off-topic please tell me which board it goes on.
>>
Take a class
>>
>>8222317
start with learning the cyrillic script
>>
>>8222317
It'll take 10 years and you'll never feel like you've learned it. (I'm talking about any language)
>>
>>8222317
duolingo, and once you're like a month in buy a secondary book or textbook and keep going
>>
>>8222317
First know your own language well.
That actually helps with learning other languages. If language of instruction is not your native tongue, make sure to have reached a high level in it beforehand.
Then start learning the foreign language:
Take a class. Learn grammar and vocabulary constantly on your own. Start reading children books and watching easy TV shows. Move on to harder stuff slowly. Try to find native speaker as conversation partner (after the basics).
At intermediate level,if you're interest is literature: find native interested in literature and willing to teach you or read stuff with you. That makes getting very specific references easier and speeds up the understanding process.
>>
>>8222317
lean by immersion bro. just sell all your stuff, quit your job, and go backpacking in siberia. it'll change your life bro i did it last summer shit was so cash.
>>
>>8222350
That probably also applies to your mother tongue.
What's the problem?
You just have to reach your goal in the particular language. For example to be able to read Tolstoi in original.
>>
>>8222317
you know that /int/ has language learning threads? don´t know about russian, but there´s a japanese general
>>
>tfw can speak my mother language but not at literary level

Concepts are either simple and I don't struggle with them at all, or the grammar or vocabulary goes over my head completely. fug
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.