[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey /lit/, I'm trying to reach a decent level of knowledge
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 2
File: 20160629_212257-1.jpg (759 KB, 2735x1828) Image search: [Google]
20160629_212257-1.jpg
759 KB, 2735x1828
Hey /lit/,
I'm trying to reach a decent level of knowledge of classic Italian literature (recent writers such as Pasolini, Eco, Gadda or Moravia are not to be discussed here). I have to do this in a very short time, therefore I cannot read long poems or novels unless they are really important. I have made a list of what I consider majour works of classic writers short enough to allow me to do so. Do you think this list could be improved in any way, adding (or, if you think some works are not necessary, removing) anything? All reccomendations are welcome. I also wish this list could be of use to anyone who wants to get a bit more into Italian literature and doesn't have a lot of time to read the longest poems (such as the Orlando furioso or the Jerusalem delivered)
>>
>>8221475
Why don't you have enough time?
>>
When I took Italian in high school we read from the decameron and il Canzionere for Bocaccio and Petrarca. (+ Inferno). I assume pieces of those two works will be covered in the selected poetry and short stories you wrote there. Don't know enough about other authors to give any input, but I appreciate the list because I am interested in improving my Italian reading skills.
>>
>>8221495
Only two months before I have to give a test to proove I know most of this
>>
File: list.png (136 KB, 1861x1861) Image search: [Google]
list.png
136 KB, 1861x1861
btw I updated the list adding the titles of most of the selected works
>>
>>8221730
pls do a favor to yourself and do not read king torrismondo. Aminta is GOAT

Also
>I also wish this list could be of use to anyone who wants to get a bit more into Italian literature and doesn't have a lot of time to read
the italian tradition is made of long works. do not get into it expecting 200 pages novels
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.