[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why is he so obsessed with phones?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2
File: holden.jpg (246 KB, 434x348) Image search: [Google]
holden.jpg
246 KB, 434x348
Why is he so obsessed with phones?
>>
>>8220367
He wasn't spooked
>>
I don't know, or care. I made one promise to myself when I started reading seriously, and it's that I would never read this edgy fucking garbage.
>>
the obvious. he's trying to communicate with someone.
>>
>>8220375
It actually mocks edginess desu
>>
>>8220375
It's actually a fantastic book. You're missing out. It's the edgy people who dislike it.
>>
he raped his sister, Phoene.
>>
>>8221578
I read the book and I knew the meme, but where does this happen supposedly?
>>
>>8221785
>supposedly
>>
>>8221811
Where though?
>>
What book is this? Not everybody knows what book you are talking about with just a single picture.
>>
>>8220367
Wait, who was phone?
>>
>>8221817
He rapes her at the park, in front of the ducks. That's why he is always asking where the ducks go in the winter, he doesn't want any witnesses
>>
>>8220375
Are you a teenager or something?
>>
>>8221845
lel
How creative.
>>
>>8220375
bretty ironic that you sound just like him
>>
>>8220375
t. Holden Caulfield
>>
>>8221511
I don't think it mocks it.

It just makes the point that edgy people use it to hide that they're inconsistent and afraid of themselves.
>>
>>8221975
Yeah you're right, I misexpressed myself. Like you said, it unmasks it.
>>
>>8221835
The catcher in the rye
>>
holden was a timetravelling millenial desu
>>
>>8220375
>I don't have to read a book to know it's shit, why it's shit and what books are better, I'll just take everyone's word for it.
I hate people like you so fucking much.
>>
>>8220375
Its mocking you right now without you even realizing it.

>>8220367
Mostly because its a form of communication that doesn't require the immediate presence of another person therefore absolving him of certain anxieties.
>>
I just thought that he used them so often because my goddam modern mind was not used to being so disconnected from the world all the time, if you want to know the truth.
>>
File: 1460253852542.gif (133 KB, 311x366) Image search: [Google]
1460253852542.gif
133 KB, 311x366
>>8223157
I kind of agree with you but come on.
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.