[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Divergent is total shit.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3
File: download (1).jpg (9 KB, 158x240) Image search: [Google]
download (1).jpg
9 KB, 158x240
divergent and insurgent are shit i read them out of pure boredom (I was on a road trip and had finished all of my books and needed something to read so I borrowed divergent.) its shit i will list the reasons below.
>>
it somehow manage to rip off the feel of twighlight and the subject of hunger games.
>>
its aimed at the 3edgy5you teens who will eat up anything with YOUNG ADULT and DISTOPIA
>>
obvious love interest is obvious because they spend so much time discussing eye color.
>>
"distopia" means something that seems like a utopia but on the inside isn't. the world in divergent is so clearly fucked up its a wonder no ones noticed.
>>
IM DIFFERNT!!!1 IM DIVERGENT CEW HUH!
>>
the book is 99.9% nervousness. or description of being nervous.
>>
all the factions suck and control your entire existence,
>>
>>8213084
did these need to be separate posts
>>
>>8213084
Yeah? And water is wet.
>>
File: Allegiant_novel_cover.jpg (33 KB, 297x448) Image search: [Google]
Allegiant_novel_cover.jpg
33 KB, 297x448
Shit? You don't know fucking nothing. The first and the second are just plain YA novels; bad, but readable.
But the third one... It's something else. It's no joke the worst book I've ever laid my eyes upon. It makes 1 and 2 look like masterpieces in comparison. It's THAT bad.
>>
File: 1461357851184.png (103 KB, 298x283) Image search: [Google]
1461357851184.png
103 KB, 298x283
>that cover design
I have no sympathy for you; you knew what you were getting into.
>>
>>8214161
Same could be said about the Twilight books. The last one was unbearable.
>>
>>8214161
>>8215467
Why are you guys reading all these shitty books in the first place?
>>
>>8213084
That's what the plebs want.
Do we give it to them or do we elevate literature to a respectable level again?
Will /lit/ save lit?
>>
>>8213094
What about 1984? The world in it is clearly fucked up to the reader.
>>
>>8214161
What happens in the third book? Sounds like an entertaining shitstorm.
>>
>>8213084
>looks like YA shit
>written by a woman

No thanks.
>>
>reads young adult
>is surprised enough at the fact that it's shit to post about it

Why the fuck did you waste your time reading this utter shite? Fuck you OP. You're a rat's arsehole. Suck my fat hairy bollocks. I hope you get rabies.
>>
>>8213084
>Divergent is terrible
I don't know what you expected. Most YA fiction can be described as such:

>be teen me (main character)
>not popular, but not really outcast, no matter what I describe it as
>small group of friends (aka, normal)
>feel like I don't belong
>be not special
>oh wait, I am special! How unexpected!
>Make new friends
>Suddenly, I'm smarter or more talented than most of the adults in my life
>the adults or some powers that be are trying to put me down
>Have some sort of love interest
>Maybe I need to choose between two?
>Anyways, I totally end up with someone, but it's mostly talking, maybe some kissing
>suddenly the leader of my new friends
>save the day
>but the battle wasn't over... the war was just beginning.

There. I saved you a few hours time. Here's some series you'll never need to read now
>Harry Potter
>Twilight (or anything by Myers)
>Divergent
>The Hunger Games
>Maze Runner
>Eragon series
>Uglies
>His Dark Materials
>Among the Hidden
>Soulless series
>The Lightning Thief
>The Mortal Instruments
>The Giver
>Matched
>Vampire academy
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.