[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Lovecraft's views on Race
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 6
File: image.jpg (389 KB, 975x1612) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
389 KB, 975x1612
Considering the time in which he lived, would his views be considered the "norm" at that time, or was he even worse than that?
Also, who were some notable influences for his views?
>>
idk why don't you do some research and use your brain
>>
File: image.jpg (244 KB, 724x1053) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
244 KB, 724x1053
>>8212285
Nah, I'm too lazy.
>>
Why are whites always drawn as idealised Greek figures?
>>
>>8212365
because a lot of whites look like that. At least in parts of Europe.
>>
>>8212368
what? no. Have you ever visited northern europe?
>>
>tfw I am 3

How evolved am I?
>>
>>8213020
>Northern Europe
heh
>>
If Michel Houellebecq book on Lovecraft is accurate it depends, since during his life his views changed a loy. Lovecraft was at the hight of his racism when he lived in New York. From what I understand he was pro genocide at this point. Most of his really racist writing was done during these years. When he left he cooled off and changed some of his views. He still didn't like other races but he didn't want them killed, just kept away from him. That attuide was more in line with his early years.
>>
File: en_boitardfm.jpg (361 KB, 600x918) Image search: [Google]
en_boitardfm.jpg
361 KB, 600x918
>>
>>8212239
>Considering the time in which he lived, would his views be considered the "norm" at that time, or was he even worse than that?
It wasn't the norm.
Interestingly enough, in England the norm for a progressive atheist was racial purity and eugenics.
>Also, who were some notable influences for his views?
Umm bad experiences with blacks?
>>
File: martensefamilymember.jpg (192 KB, 1600x1122) Image search: [Google]
martensefamilymember.jpg
192 KB, 1600x1122
>>8214067
I meant as in scientific influences. I know Darwin and Haeckel were two big ones. Just look at the Martense family: degeneration at its finest.
>>
>>8212239
>tfw I'm #11
>>
File: image.jpg (404 KB, 900x1367) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
404 KB, 900x1367
>the Arthur Jeryn story
Was he projecting a bit when he wrote this?
>>
>>8215670
Whoa, I really really like the art style of that comic. Is there more?
>>
>>8215686
I believe it comes from the short series, "H. P. Lovecraft's Haunt of Horror." It's only about 1.3£ online last I checked.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.