[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
CAN WE MAKE ANOTHER TOP 100 CHART FOR 2016 I'M RUNNING OUT
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 3
File: dfw o god.png (203 KB, 368x396) Image search: [Google]
dfw o god.png
203 KB, 368x396
CAN WE MAKE ANOTHER TOP 100 CHART FOR 2016 I'M RUNNING OUT OF BOOKS TO READ

FUUUUUUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!
>>
>reading books
>>
>>8211025
yo seriously bump. this time the only votes that count towards new list can be for books not on last year's list. it's time to rebel against reading the same old shit.
>>
>>8211025
The Vegetarian by Han King. G
>>
>>8211025
no you're not
>>
>>8211225
this
>>
WAIT UNTIL OCTOBER
>>
>>8211322
ughhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
>>
100% fresh meemee
>>
>>8211225
>>8211257
>>8211322
These.
>>
>>8211025
why don't we make people put in effort and post their top 10 that are not on the top 100 chart
>>
>>8211025
>>8211322
Woah weird, I was just thinking about making a thread asking when we vote on the 100 chart.

That said, what keeps the chart so pristine? Nothing exceptionally bad shows up on the list aside from the memes we've come to know, and even those are can be debated as being good (even great). What makes it work out?
>>
>>8211225
so how did we do it last time? didn't we have people just shout out names of books? If we did that I'd record them in a pastebin or something
>>
how about we do a top 50, only new material? As far as I'm aware some shit got on the list with only like 2 or 3 votes.

Here's mine:
>The Portrait of a Lady (James)
>The Peloponnesian War (Thucydides)
>Billy Budd (Melville)
>L'Ancien Regime et la Revolution (de Tocqueville)
>Storm of Steel (Junger)
>Considerations sur la France (de Maistre)
>Five Dialogues (Plato)
>Alcools (Apollinaire)
>Mason & Dixon (Pynchon)
>La Princesse de Cleves (La Fayette)
>>
Just started Alvaro Enrigue's Sudden Death, enjoying it so far.
>>
>>8211236
sounds good
>>8211989
how was portrait left out...you lazy sods
>>
>>8212130
i honestly have no idea. desu the old top 100 is kinda whack. hitchhiker's guide to the galaxy, 1984, slaughterhouse five, etc...

also I just realized Mason & Dixon is already on the list. I don't really have anything I'd like to replace it with though off the top of my head. Maybe the Scarlet Letter?.
>>
can someone post 2015 chart, I seem to have misplaced it.
>>
>>8211556
i literally haven't read anything that isn't on the meme chart
>>
File: top100.png (4 MB, 1000x2390) Image search: [Google]
top100.png
4 MB, 1000x2390
>>8212564
my progress
>>
>>8212574
I've only read 17 on here, I guess I got some catching up to do.
>>
>>8212574
I'm on 46 but I'm not actually trying to.
>>
>>8212574
>Actually using that list to get your reading recommendations

Its a compilation of others favorite books, and the ones at the bottom have tiny amounts of votes. Do you even think for yourself?

Use the Goodreads recommendation engine, it is quite good.
>>
Fuck off /mu/
>>
>>8212798
>goodreads
>good
>>
>>8212842
>I judge the entire site by user reviews
>>
File: chav.jpg (76 KB, 610x458) Image search: [Google]
chav.jpg
76 KB, 610x458
I read what interests me
>>
>>8212798

Goodreads recommended me so many shitty scandinavian crime authors after I took a liking to Hamsun.
>>
>>8212798
>not reading a friend's favorite book
Some of my favorite books I only read because someone else told me they loved it. Reading other people's favorites is a great way to find good books, especially if they're interested in lit like everyone on this board. Lighten up anon
>>
>>8211025

What kind of an autist reads so much that he runs out of books?

Jesus christ. Reading LOTR took me like two months alone.
>>
>>8212925
A lot of the books on the list are regulars in rec and discussion threads, people had already read many of them I suspect
>>
>>8211225
That's not a bad idea actually. Essential /lit/s next top 100. Get some real weirdness. Find those hidden gems.
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.