[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm gonna read the Red Badge of Courage
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1
File: 1072389.jpg (128 KB, 600x874) Image search: [Google]
1072389.jpg
128 KB, 600x874
Don't spoil it for me, but I'm guessing the titular badge is a bullet wound
>>
yes it is
>>
>>8207857
I fucking told you not to spoil it for me
>>
>>8207852
No it's not. It's the confederate flag.
>>
>>8207857
now why would you do that
>>
>>8208309
But the main character is a yank.
>>
I read it when I was eight because I was obsessed with the ACW. It's a pretty good book.
>>
>>8207852
Is that the one about the soldier who runs from his first battle, convinces himself that running away from getting shot makes perfect sense, but still feels guilty, follows a vaguely christ-like figure back to his unit and next time distinguishes himself by charging with the flag when he takes the flag from the dead flag carrier in his unit? (the book ends there but since he's now the flag carrier he probably isn't going to survive too many more battles. all the rebels knew that shooting the other guys' flag carrier demoralized the troops. he might as well have been wearing a bullseye and a please shoot me sign. dumb fuck.)
>>
>>8210311
Ya that's the one.

Also he survives the war and shows up in a follow-up short story.
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.