[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
what do I expect? >inb4 corntilla
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
File: the-border-trilogy.jpg (16 KB, 266x400) Image search: [Google]
the-border-trilogy.jpg
16 KB, 266x400
what do I expect?
>inb4 corntilla
>>
>>8202316
>>
>>8202314
A solid romantic start, a brilliant middle serving as the high point, and a feels ending which will leave you sad.
>>
>>8203590
This. The Crossing almost feels out of place in the trilogy in terms of tone. It feels much more desolate and raw
>>
Lots of plant and corn and field descriptions you may not have the knowledge to visualise. Crushing dullness in the middle section "Stuff ain't what it used to be" . Characters with impenetrable motivations
>>
All the Pretty Horses is terrific. Highly recommended.
Planning to read the rest of it later this summer.
>>
The Crossing is absolutely flawless
>>
>>8203590
>>8203764

This. The Crossing best book ever.
>>
All three are great for their own reasons. Solid as stand alone novels and a solid trilogy. Not life changing stuff but very good summer reading at the least.
>>
I've only read the first. I didn't enjoy it very much.
>>
>what do I expect?

it's cormac mccarthy

you'll likely end the books feeling empty and wishing you'd been a better son to your dead father
>>
>>8202314
>>inb4 corntilla
sounds like you already know what to expect
>>
>>8204022
>you'll likely end the books feeling empty and wishing you'd been a better son to your dead father

for real? i might avoid mccarthy if thats true
>>
>>8204022
I didn't meet my dad till I was 15, and we haven't spoken since. What about me?
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.