[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What e-reader do you use? What do you recommend? Looking to
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3
File: ereaders.jpg (977 KB, 3300x1947) Image search: [Google]
ereaders.jpg
977 KB, 3300x1947
What e-reader do you use? What do you recommend?

Looking to get one myself.
>>
Just Got my Kobo Glow HD today and I'm having a blast. Ask anything you want.
>>
>>8199090
Kindle paperwhite, I heard kobo is better when it comes to epub formats though (as in; no need to convert the file)
>>
File: e-readers.png (253 KB, 836x3281) Image search: [Google]
e-readers.png
253 KB, 836x3281
>>8199090
Kindle Touch, Kindle Paperwhite, KoboGlo HD are beloved here, and the difference is in pic related.

Calibre insta converts so Kindle and Epub are not a concern.
>>
>>8199491
Epub to AZW (as opposed to mobi) on kindle is essentially EPUB with a DRM "wrap". Functionally it's identical so don't worry about conversion issues if you're just transferring with calibre. You won't magically get better formatting or whatever you think epub will give you just because it's XML-compatible.

Kindle PW here. Not figured out a reason to upgrade yet. Extremely comfy reading device.
>>
File: kobo_logo.jpg (352 KB, 3825x2491) Image search: [Google]
kobo_logo.jpg
352 KB, 3825x2491
This is all very debatable but there are only 2 viable options in my opinion.

Kindle or Kobo are the way to go.

But I'll tell you this. Don't buy a Kindle if your country doesn't have an amazon Store. They will charge the shit of you on fees. I live in Europe (in a country with no amazon store) and they were asking more than 200$ for a Kindle Paper-white. I got the Kobo Glo HD for less than 120$.
>>
So do you download online pdfs or do you buy everything in the amazon store like good goyims?
>>
>>8199627
>download online pdfs
If you bought an ereader for pdfs you are doing it wrong. You ideally pirate epub or azw3. The prices for kindle versions are usually more than the physical copies, so thats only for stupid moms.
>>
>>8199627
>>8199705
so what's the best choice for a guys who have a lot of pdf ? i know about re-converting with calibre but it seems that the quality is always shit. Why they don't creat an e-reader that read all the format ? it's stupid, it's like a tablet that refuses to read mp4 or flac or some codec just because
>>
I have a kindle voyage

it is very nice
>>
>>8199540
>amazon store

Nigga who cares? Literally everything you want will be on libgen, just download, convert to mobi with Calibre and pop it on your Kindle.
>>
Kindle PW
Would recommend it, worth the cash, can basically read everywhere.

>tfw just remembered I haven't finished the story I started reading two days ago
>>
>>8200950
You are really stupid
>>
>>8199090
Kindle Voyage. Expensive, but definitely better than the paperwhite.
I also have an ipad pro which I mainly use for reading and marking up pdfs. Great for books that I want to take notes in, or that kinda suck on an ereader.
>>
>>8199627
pirate epubs and use calibre to organize/sync everything
>>
>>8200950

lib gen is not that comprehensive. i've had a tonne of titles i've had to look elsewhere.
>>
>>8200950
How do you buy the kindle in the 1st place?

You're dumb
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.