[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I read Purity and it sucked.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: url3.jpg (16 KB, 460x288) Image search: [Google]
url3.jpg
16 KB, 460x288
I read Purity and it sucked.
>>
>>8189975
He should have adopted that Iraqi like he wanted to.
>>
I thought it was good, OP.
>>
I liked Freedom and The Corrections, but this one dragged.
>>
Purity is my favorite of his novels and my favorite book i've read in years, desu senpai.

franzen power rankings:
Purity
Strong Motion
collected non-fiction/The Discomfort Zone
The Corrections
Freedom
The Krauss Project
Twenty-Seventh City
>>
I met John Franzen at Subway and had to tell him I had never read any of his books. It was awkward for both of us.
>>
>>8190229
You are one of the lucky ones, except for meeting Franzen. What an awful writer.
>>
>>8190229
He posted on /lit/ once and got really mad that everyone was calling him shit without having read him.
>>
>>8190418
Literally any other author would have the same reception.
>>
>>8190418
lol stfu
>>
>>8189975
Purity was the first of his I read. Thought it got caught up with the wrong plot-points (lots of material under-developed /shit could have been cut to make tomm) /was sometimes absurd. Good characters and well structured. I read Freedom. Again, well structured. Better than Purity. Planning on going through The Corrections soon.

He's a solid writer. And his books will be remembered for a long time. It's worth reading him simply because he's your competition (assuming you write/want to be published). He's made money writing things that can actually be called literature. Worth looking into.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.