[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can someone give me a summary of some pros and cons of the communist
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1
Can someone give me a summary of some pros and cons of the communist manifestos ideas.

Just a short summary, no it's not for a class, I'm not marxist or communist or any of that, I was having a discussion with my brother in the car and he's recently been reading theology and philosophy aka a few religious books and a pihlosophy of the west book, and he got on me and my parents in the car when I mentioned how on a state level as far as politics are concerned religion is useless, no I didn't mean it in regards to a fedora tipping manner, more the effects on it are so negated compared to the past.

He then mentioned if I think good and evil exist and then mentioned twisted thinkers like karl marx and a few others and I mentioned karl marx was an economist first and foremost, which i know a tiny bit about.

I'm still irked cause it was 3v1 and I didn't know enough to properly debate or refute anyone.
>>
>>8188720
The Communist Manifesto is short. Why don't you just read it?
>>
>>8188801

I didn't even get through adam smiths book since the corn talk was too mundane for me, not the concepts, just the corn comparisons.

I like to do things in order I figure you wouldn't want to read something like that ahead of the others.
>>
>>8188720
but the communist manifesto is seriously one of the worst things marx ever wrote. it doesn't even really say anything about his beliefs except that he dislikes capitalism
>>
>>8188854

The whole point was just my brother was being a pseud and is already, being a beginner which i applaud him for in philosophy and theology, calling thinkers who oppose i guess the laws of god or god, or capitalism even twisted. Now this is all fine and everything i'm not fedora, I don't mind disliking peoples thoughts I just wish people wouldn't do it without appreciating that you need all types and some brilliant people went against the grain.

I just wanted to get a basic understanding from a /lit/izen about what marx is about, his basic economic ideas.

I could go on wiki but /lit/ are my friends.
>>
>>8188869
>/lit/ are my friends.

go fuck yourself
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.