[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Any more books like this? Doesn't have to be gonzo style,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1
Any more books like this? Doesn't have to be gonzo style, just books where the main protagonists take shitloads of drugs
>>
>>8185609
Burroughs.
>>
>>8185625
Opened the thread just to say this.
>>
>>8185625
>>8185639
Anything in particular from him?
>>
>>8185609
nova trilogy. naked lunch...
>>
>Being into druggy edgelord core.

cringe, reminds me of myself at 18,19. Hunter S. Thompson, Naked Lunch, Trainspotting.. I was even into Chuck Palahniuk.
>>
>>8185725
Much older than that, i just like reading about it
>>
>>8185609
Train spotting

Rum diary, pretty much anything by hst

Films are probably a better way to explore the themes you are after
>>
>>8185609
Can anyone explain to me what's meaningful about this book? I read it recently and I didn't get much out of it. >>8185609
>>
>>8186057
>reading for meaning

I bet you read for "the message" or you want to "take something away" from the book

gaylord
>>
>in the gonzo style
that's not a thing
>>
The teachings of Don Juan: The way of the Yaqui
>>
>>8186045
>Films are probably a better way to explore the themes you are after
That's the thing, i like reading about experiences with drugs more than i like seing it on film. Got my fair share of drug experiences, and i find the written word to be much better at describing them
>>
>>8185609
M. Ageyev, Novel with cocaine

>>8186137
Also this, in a way.
>>
>>8185643
Junkie, Queer. I didn't really like Naked Lunch, but there is some great writing in it.
>>
>>8185609
>>8186149
Oh, and Trainspotting by Welsh is a must read.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.