[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So /lit/, how so I start into creative writing as a hobby? Ive
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (1 MB, 2048x1536) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1 MB, 2048x1536
So /lit/, how so I start into creative writing as a hobby? Ive never been the best in language studies in my high school times but I always loved the freedom a pen and paper offers. Should i read textbooks on such matters or brute force a effective writing style or prose into me by studying as many novels as possible?
>>
If you want to write well, write.
>>
>>8184980
both
>>
>>8184984

Doing so. Im doing a novel about an impossible space mansion that has people forming small communities and villages inside
>>
>>8184998
Sounds fun. Is the mansion just floating in space by itself?
>>
>>8184984
All "how to write" books in one sentence.
>>
>>8185016

Windows to the outside show different scenes in each room and breaking it and climbing through brings you to yet another room from its window. Rooms reset when the door closes and there is no one in it so the main village the protag finds 'built' a home centered around a outside garden room, breaking off the doors to connecting rooms, and pretty much having a village in that space. If they expand too much, they draw the attention of the maintainers, strange golems that forcibly reset rooms. This will be the focus from the first third of the novel. The second third of the novel's focus is divided between the protag and the perspective of lone unknown maintainer that questions his existence. The last third is still being worked on. I want to develop the two characters a bit more before i finalize the conclusion. Hows it sound? Enough to draw a reader in?
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.