[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I saw "You, Me and Everyone We Know" in 2009. It w
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1
I saw "You, Me and Everyone We Know" in 2009. It was okay, I guess. I'd never before considered reading one of her books, but a few months a ago my girlfriend bought collection of July's short stories. And just now I saw July under the female authors heading in the /lit/ recommended reading document: http://4chanlit.wikia.com/wiki/Recommended_Reading/Literature_by_type#Female_Authors

Is she worth reading? I value /lit/'s opinion more than I value my own life. If she is worth reading, recommend me something other than the short stories.
>>
>>8180904
She probably isn't.
>>
>>8180904
Someone just added his waifu.
>>
>>8180914
elaborate.
>>
>>8180931
Some lonely loser who thinks she's pretty added her to the wiki to pretend that she's a great writer.
>>
I read No One Belongs Here More Than You since it was laying around my buddy's apartment (I think it was his gfs) and I wasn't thrilled with. I remember all the MCs seeming like the same lady with the same personality and voice even though they werent supoosed to be.
>>
>>8180904
>I value /lit/'s opinion more than I value my own life.
Get the fuck out you actual pseud
>>
>>8180904

the future was also sort of OK as 'alt-lit movie'
>>
>>8181112

+never read her fiction so that's the end of my contribution to the thread
>>
>>8180946
I liked No One Belongs Here More Than You but didn't get the hype around her recent novel.

Her best book is It Chooses You.
>>
I jerked off to a picture of Miranda July back in 2007. Just thought I'd share.
>>
>>8180946
>>8181645

How humourous is her writing? From the responses here I'm guessing I could spend my time better by reading something else. But I'm a bit obsessed with comic literature, and I'm running out of decent humorous texts to read.
>>
>>8181652

To what photo?
>>
>>8181811
I don't remember, but it was somewhere on her Wikipedia page.
>>
>>8181808
Her humor can be summarized like her movies: "quirky post-90s indie film pap characters inadvertent pass into vague sexual territory." she's shit.
>>
>>8180904
Miranda July was kinda cool in her 30s but now she's just an old boring SJW with a kid. I read a little of her first book but it didn't grab me enough to want to read it
>>
POOPING
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.