[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Honestly, how does it feel to only read books that an online
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1
File: crow.gif (11 KB, 156x180) Image search: [Google]
crow.gif
11 KB, 156x180
Honestly, how does it feel to only read books that an online community deems okay to read? Are you that insecure that you have to ask other people if a book is acceptable to read or not, instead of just reading what interests you? I hope you all get better soon.
>>
>>8179534
It feels wonderful, thanks for asking.
>>
But the straw man did not respond, for he was only straw, not man. Anonymous slept frustrated.
>>
>>8179538
He already did respond, mister first response is the type of person I was addressing. Thanks for the input though 8) best wishes
>>
>>8179534
I only accept recommendations from offline communities, in writing or implied through absurdist theatre.
>>
>>8179534
I don't have any friends who read.
>>
Tbh it's more like, I don't want to waste time reading books that are trash so I go with lists and go for what interests me. Less of a I have to fit in with this Japanese message board
>>
This is probably a shitpost thread but i'll try to tell you my opinion.

I just recently picked up reading as a hobby,of course i could just go to my local library and just pick up books i have never seen or heard of, OR i could ask a group of veteran readers what they think a newbie should read.

Of course if something is mainstream it must be shit since the special hipster snowflakes want to feel special. That's why i think people should read books that lit hates with burning passion to learn WHY /lit/ hates them.

Let's take Harry Potter, Asoiaf,Hunger games,Agatha Christy. Of course all these YA books have their flaws,but the only way somebody can understand their flaws is if he picks up the damn books and reads it himself.
>>
>>8181189
I think 'veteran readers' and /lit/ don't usually coincide, but I get where you're coming from.
>>
>>8181189
I never liked that logic. You only have a limited amount of time to read as books are generally a big investment. Why would you choose to read books you know are going to be bad? Why not just read good books and understand what makes them good?
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.