[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Lit, I'm looking for some literature that raises interesting
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
Lit, I'm looking for some literature that raises interesting as fuck questions. I always feel like when I read something I'm just getting a story. I want something that reading will make you discover things about yourself and the world and leave you feeling (I could put anything here) like you have a new perspective.
>>
The Holy Bible.
>>
>>8179399
atheistfags on blast XD
>>
>>8179399
Stupid recommendation.
>>
>>8179178
>Lit, I'm looking for some literature that raises interesting as fuck questions.

just read plato's dialogues, it's the whole point
>>
>>8179761
The last days of socraties?
>>
>>8179178
Divine comedy
>>
Have you tried reading, well, anything worthwhile at all? Not the /lit/core trash memenovels. If you don't want a story you can just go read poetry and if you want to connect with your anesthetized humanity for once then read drama.

Consider that though no matter what you read, if you're a dumbfuck or just not well educated there's only so much literature can do for you because a mediocre reading will always come from the reader's personal experience more than anything.

You can practically read Antigone and never even think of what it means in a human way to not be able to give a dead loved one a proper funeral because of a petty king's orders, and how it profoundly resonates with the Cold War South American militar dictatorships that perfected a new way of control that consisted in making dissidents disappear overnight forever, making it impossible for the families to ever know what happened and give their relatives' dead bodies rest, or just read it as silly Ancient Greeks doing silly Ancient Greeks things, like the majority of /lit/ does.
>>
You could read some early Buddhist scriptures like the Fire Sermon or some expanded shit like No Ajahn Chah
>>
>>8179748
Get out you uncultured atheistic swine.
>>
>>8179897
I really fucking hate that I live in a world that people are stupid enough to believe in god. Almost every single day I wish I could go bash their retarded brains in.
>>
>>8179178

Greg Egan's books are like that.

I recommend starting with Permutation City

also Ayn Rand's novels
>>
>>8179897
My dream is to be in atheist heaven with the people who best bashed religion in the most smug ways, like Spinoza, Hume, and Nietzsche, and smugly discuss what dumb fucks those Platonist Christians and all kind of other religions are.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.