[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey /lit/, I have a question that might be dumb. How is it exactly
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1
File: 1463712792054.png (534 KB, 820x550) Image search: [Google]
1463712792054.png
534 KB, 820x550
Hey /lit/, I have a question that might be dumb. How is it exactly that poetic forms are created, and what constitutes a legitimate form? I've finally decided to buckle down and study forms, and think that I understand their purpose: that certain forms are better at conveying certain effects in an organized manner. However, how is it that these poets construct these forms in the first place? For example, how is it that Arnaud Daniel created the Sestina, and how is it that poets decided that it was a legitimate form? The Sestina seems almost like an arbitrary sort of mathematical pattern, and though I like the almost dreamlike effect it has, I wonder about the thought process behind its construction. Do poets find that a form is legitimate as long as there is a pattern? I hope this makes sense.
>>
>>8178474
Are you on Adderall?
>>
>>8178489
Nah but I'm tired as fuck right now so if my post was shittily constructed I apologize
>>
>>8178497
>Nah but...
There's your problem bruv. Ask yourself what you've written here when you're tweaking. It's the secret of great art to be sleep deprived, terribly sober, terribly depressed, tweaking, or tripping. However you get there, your answer will be found
>>
>>8178569
what a shit response to the OP's interesting question.
>>
>>8178474
>>8178489
>>8178497
>>8178569
Something about this string of posts makes me very content with where I am in this world.
>>
sad bump
>>
>>8178581
Qué
>>
no one? god damnit, /lit
>>
I don't think anyone could give a more definitive answer. It just sounds good. People mess around with form and that's how new forms are created. You might want to check out Vie de Saint Alexis and Occitan Boecis, the earliest surviving poems with decasyllables in a Romance language (early 11th century).
>>
hard bop
>>
>>8178569
this is true. all things find order when the brain is exhausted. we are not meant to be diurnal beings, as we take command of our bodies and minds, we live in a burst of purity and motion, shedding the mediocrity of unconsciousness and the order it brings. our lifespan is dramatically reduced in this way, but the art that we can create in this state is unrivaled.
>>
>>8180789
there needs to be a new word for faggot
>>
>>8180819
in the annals of time, you will be forgotten.
>>
maybe ffkggutt, more of a plosive punch to it
>>
>1 actual answer to the question
haha sick guys ;)
>>
>>8181457
>being this much of a baby back bitch
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.