[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is this novel worth reading?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1
File: On-the-Road-Jack-Kerouac.jpg (88 KB, 802x1189) Image search: [Google]
On-the-Road-Jack-Kerouac.jpg
88 KB, 802x1189
Is 'On the Road' an interesting and/or philosophical read? Or is it just another meme-tier novel?
>>
>>8178399
>it's a post a meme and ask if it's a meme thread
>>
This usage of the word meme applied to books is really frustrating. Is it worth reading? It's a classic of the 20th century, and a pretty short one too: I'd suggest you take the initiative to read the book and decide for yourself whether it's a good one or not. From my experience, even the lesser classics are worth reading just to know what the fuss is about.
>>
It's worth reading, especially considering how short it is. You should be able to finish it in a couple hours.

I personally enjoyed reading it and found it interesting
>>
Yes if you are in college this meme is something everyone digests.
>>
I listened to the audiobook while playing Euro Truck Simulator 2.
>>
>>8178399
I'd say it's interesting in the sense that it has had a major impact on the American psyche. Rebelling against Leave it to Beaver values, trying new things and associating with different groups, travel as a way to escape the monotony of life, etc. When I read it for the first time, it really put a fire in my belly, which is why I think it's so popular. It creates a passion for life in people.
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.