[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Does Mao wrote anything worthwhile? I'm not a communist,but
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2
File: Mao_Zedong_voting.jpg (923 KB, 885x1229) Image search: [Google]
Mao_Zedong_voting.jpg
923 KB, 885x1229
Does Mao wrote anything worthwhile?
I'm not a communist,but seeing another perspective would be interesting.
Or should I start with Lenin if I want to see communism in action?
>>
>>8177036
Lenins words were actually his own

Maos red book heavily borrows from previous authors
>>
>>8177036
Start with Marx -> Lenin -> Mao
You should definitely read Mao as well if you want to go on to Maoism-Third-Worldism, which is basically the only somewhat relevant non-meme form of Marxism in today's world.
t. ex-MLM
>>
>>8177614
This.

Also don't forget Engels along with Marx.
>>
Mao's writings on armed, guerrilla revolutionism are incredibly good. He is the blue-print for anyone looking to form an armed insurgency.
>>
>>8177777
>>
File: 1417496916014.jpg (45 KB, 500x529) Image search: [Google]
1417496916014.jpg
45 KB, 500x529
>>8177777

Fug.
>>
>>8177773
Noted.
>>
>>8177777
Impressive, very nice.
>>
Mao was a retard and a dictator.

Expect good advice on guerilla and rebellion but don't think or mao or staline too highly.
>>
Pretty sure I saw a book of his poetry at a shop once. Has anyone read it?
>>
>>8178030
his poetry is pretty good. not all-time great or anything but quite good. can't imagine it'd read well in english though.
>>
He had pretty good prose all things considered. His life was interesting, and his documentation of his life from hunted rebel to leader among the philosophizing wanderers to achieving his dream in catharsis destroying everything that lived comfortably while he and everyone he knew was hunted, and establishing his own nation. His work, his ideas, his poetry, it's all relatively intoxicating, and you can see why so many people would follow such a man.

His dissatisfaction and intense disdain for the powers that be, are interesting and even relatable.

His acts as chairman of China weren't justifiable, and he's still more or less a horrible person, even a horrifying person. But no doubt an interesting horrifying person. I see less of his work as politically, as they are valuable as biography and literature, poetry.
>>
>>8177036
He has tons of communist treaties that's available at Libgen. Never read them though.
>>
>>8178029
A good dictator. Hail Mao
>>
>>8177036
mao was a hack. if you are going to study marxism stick with overarching theory. historical, sociological, economic. its pretty ironic that all marxist revolutions were forced to play the role of the bourgeoisie in centralising agriculture and primitive accumulation only to be overthrown and replaced by a nascent bourgeoisie created from the bureaucratisation of their own revolution.
>>
>>8177773
Before the digital revolution yes, but not in todays climate
>>
The little red book is pretty terrible desu. His selected works is like 7 volumes ffs, I'm not reading that
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.