[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Was Deleuze right, when he endorsed Artaud's madness?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3
File: artaud-par-pastier1.jpg (35 KB, 672x672) Image search: [Google]
artaud-par-pastier1.jpg
35 KB, 672x672
Was Deleuze right, when he endorsed Artaud's madness?
>>
Only way to live tbqh
>>
>>8174551
what way?
>>
>>8174562
The Max Power way.
>>
>>8174547
I wouldn't say he endorsed it. Deleuze was really open to other authors (yes, even Hegel) so he got the most out of them even when they were at their worst in terma of mental stability, such as Nietzsche in Ecce Homo.

Still, the Body without Organs is a great concept no matter what you think of Artaud. Even the way he presents it, "Let us be done with the judgment of God!" or however it went, was really eloquent.
>>
File: Careful lad.gif (3 MB, 300x252) Image search: [Google]
Careful lad.gif
3 MB, 300x252
>>8175554

>Body without Organs is a great concept

I smell...A SLOVENIAN!
>>
>>8175564
Nah, Zizek was all about Organs without Bodies. An interesting concept in itself, not just a cheap reversal, but one which feels too pessimistic. It's like Lacanians are just there to show you how fucked up drives and desires are everytime you do something impulsive or irrational.
>>
A body without organs in the sense of organization? a sort of strata for organization but without organization within it?
Thats what I remember fomr reading about it but can anyone elaborate a bit?
>>
He looks like a constipated goblin
>>
File: Kevin Sorbo.jpg (12 KB, 458x300) Image search: [Google]
Kevin Sorbo.jpg
12 KB, 458x300
>>8177277
http://www.generation-online.org/p/fpdeleuze2.htm

Kinda. If you consider that organization is thought of as being organized towards something. Artaud's expression "To Have Done With the Judgment of God" (the title of his play) basically means enough pretending that we know what everything is organized for (breasts for breastfeeding, genitals for reproduction, mouth for eating, and so on). The Body without Organs is, for example, the body of the drug user that is overcome by all kinds of sensations that have nothing to do with "functions". Or the body of the masochist or the lover, where all erogenous zones are activated despite not participating in anything sexual in a standard sense. The challenge is to find all kinds of such Bodies without Organs and learn to understand an eroticism that's all about connections and assemblages rather than teleology (discharge and recharge of desire, orgasm and disappointment). So, for D&G, even the way an accountant handles the leather covers of his portfolios is sexual even if all he's doing is arranging them on a shelf (literally one of their examples). It sounds silly until you actually perceive the world in this way (perceive not just in the sense of thinking with words, but feeling it).

There's even the play in English on Youtube, but I'm not sure how good it is: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VHtrY1UtwNs

>>8177282
Kek. Artaud hasn't aged well, but there's no surprise there. Fun fact, during his asylum stay he met and hated Lacan. Lacan basically gave him the diagnostic that he will never write again in his life due to his severe condition and Artaud wrote many more books after that. Artaud never referred to Lacan by name, but there was a character in his works by the name of Doctor L which was proven to be Lacan. Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DHlsfEw-FqI
>>
>>8175049
Also known as the Max Stirner way.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.