[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I got this for 3.50 dollars on amazon with 2 day prime membership
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2
I got this for 3.50 dollars on amazon with 2 day prime membership shipping, same with wuthering heights a while ago. What are more insanely good steals of really in your opinion "good" books like these?
>>
>>8173899
What did you think of it? The ideas on holiness as depicted in Euthyphro are intriguing.
>>
>>8173899
Dunno if it was a pricing error but I once got a $90 textbook like new for $20 through Amazon Warehouse
didn't even look like anyone had ever cracked it open
>>
>>8173923
Not read it yet. I am currently reading Nausea by Sartre. I just picked it up because it was 3.50 fucking dollars and it was on my wish list.
>>
>>8173938

There's an interesting debate in it of what holiness is. Socrates and the interlocutor come to an understanding that what is holy is approved by the gods, and they go on to discuss the implications of this idea. Is a thing holy because God says so as an arbiter, or is God just pointing out something that is holy - an eternal truth, regardless of his say so, in more of a transmitting role.

It approaches the possibility of morality without God, if there can be eternally holy things that are eternally true, regardless of God's approval.
>>
>>8173962
You're being kinda weird dude. I literally just ordered the book a couple hours ago, I haven't even got a chance to read it yet.
>>
>>8173969
NORMIE OUT
>>8173962
TRIPFAG OUT
>>
>>8173969
>discussing lit on the lit board is weird

>>8173978
If you can give reasons I will consider them
>>
>>8174012
you're right sorry lol. My bad I realize that must have been annoying of me. You were just mentioning something about the book and I thought you were like interrogating me or something. wew lad.
>>
>>8174025
No problem. You may find what is in the book very interesting and similarly begin accosting people on 4chan. As for cheap books, a lot of the Greek classics like Herodotus, Xenophon and Thucydides are cheap.
>>
i can't tell what's ironic and what isn't anymore
>>
File: geniuses.jpg (17 KB, 475x360) Image search: [Google]
geniuses.jpg
17 KB, 475x360
>>8174145
There is no difference. Dwell not on this truth, kiddo. It's what drove Nietzsche and those mathematicians insane.
>>
I recently picked up The Sound and The Fury and Wuthering Heights for 2 bucks each. There were some other classics there, all for 2. I talked to the cashier about it and they said they had accidentally got a shipment of them and needed to free up some space.
>>
Check out clearance sales in local book stores and/or libraries. I picked up Ulysses for 3 dollars and Dubliners for 2 recently from one of my university libraries.
>>
>Amazon sells almost anything in stock for half of the cover price and ships it to you in two days.
>B&N sells everything for the cover price.
How are they still even in business? Is it entirely old people who buy James Patterson books and don't know about the internet?
>>
I got a 1st ed. Naked and the Dead in good condition with dust jacket for like $20 way back, about a year before Mailer died. Probably worth a one or two hundo nowadays.

Since then it's brittled and browned. Crap condition. Was cool while it lasted, I guess. Not sure what I did to ruin it.
>>
>>8174653
Yes
>>
>>8174653
I made a sympathy purchase at a Barnes and Noble because I shoplifted a copy of Pablo Neruda's poetry and felt bad. I still felt pretty ripped off.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.